Yale University Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Yale University receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Yale University can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Yale University is an American private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. Founded in 1701, it is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine Colonial Colleges chartered before the American Revolution. Chartered by Connecticut Colony, the “Collegiate School” was established by clergy in Saybrook Colony to educate Congregational ministers. It moved to New Haven in 1716 and shortly after was renamed Yale College in recognition of a gift from British East India Company governor Elihu Yale. Originally restricted to theology and sacred languages, the curriculum began to incorporate humanities and sciences by the time of the American Revolution. In the 19th century, the school introduced graduate and professional instruction, awarding the first Ph.D. in the United States in 1861 and organizing as a university in 1887. Its faculty and student populations grew rapidly after 1890 with rapid expansion of the physical campus and scientific research.
Yale University Job Opportunities & Application Process
Yale University receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Yale University, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Utility Plant Operations Technician: Provides services to the University’s power plants and distribution systems by coordinating the operation, inspection and maintenance of the variety of power plant equipment as well as system testing and general plant operation, record keeping and controls operation to achieve maximum operating efficiencies.
- Coordinates with the Watch Engineer in the operation and inspection of high pressure boilers, gas turbines, diesel generators, steam turbines, chillers, compressors, cooling towers, fuel systems, all related auxiliary systems and control systems consistent with plant standard operating procedures.
- Maintains plant operation computer based records, interprets results, and initiates actions after notifying the watch engineer.
- Reads all gauges and meters, notifies the watch engineer when readings deviate from normal, and takes corrective measures.
- Coordinates with the watch engineer and starts or secures all major and auxiliary pieces of equipment, adjusts operating controls of the systems to achieve maximum operating efficiency while responding to changes in electric, steam and chilled water demands.
Painter Trainer: Provide painting services throughout the University including minor repairs to walls, interior and exterior surfaces, paper hanging, and preps paint for all surfaces. This position is directly responsible to provide ongoing daily training, review and evaluation for all aspects of the Painting Trade and fulfillment of the Yale University Painter Training Program. Works closely with supervisor(s) on all three campuses to ensure successful transition, knowledge and experience growth from lower labor grade painter trainees through to journeyman level painter equivalent.
- Performs assignments under limited supervision.
- Trains, reviews and directs the work of employees under the direction of the supervisor.
- Provides training and review of L35 Painter Trainees (e.g. LG5, LG7, LG9) within the three (3) year Yale Painter Training program.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, assumes general responsibilities for the training program, implements and provides recommendations regarding classroom and practical application testing.
Yale University Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Yale University to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of Yale University
Yale University Working Hours
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Open Positions: Painter Trainer, Utility Plant Operations Technician, Financial Assistant, Yale Conferences & Events, Registrar
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Yale University Jobs: Official Site.