Xanterra Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Xanterra receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Xanterra can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
People Are Our Most Valuable Resource
Xanterra Travel Collection believes people are our most valuable resource. Our success depends upon highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee.
We foster a culture that promotes fairness and diversity and provides equal opportunities throughout the organization.
Working at any one of our locations is not just a job, it can also be the experience of a lifetime. After a day’s work there is so much to see and do at all of Xanterra’s properties. Let your talents get you here, then take advantage of all the splendor and adventure our parks and resorts have to offer.
We look forward to seeing you soon at one of our Beautiful Places on Earth®.
Xanterra Job Opportunities & Application Process
Xanterra receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Xanterra, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Guest Service Agent
To establish and provide excellent guest service, registering and greeting guests at point of check-in and throughout their stay, while processing payments and posting charges to guest accounts in accordance with Xanterra policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Register guests while receiving and posting proper payment and finalizing guest accounts at checkout.
- Assign guest rooms and cabins, issue keys ensuring guest security at all times and in accordance with Xanterra established guidelines.
- Make, confirm, assist, and cancel reservations at other locations inside the park, including promoting and selling park activities.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all park facilities, locations, room types, hours of operations, and activities, in an effort to answer questions and give out accurate and helpful information to guests.
- Answer telephones in the specified time frames following proper guidelines, and using correct greetings and telephone etiquette.
- Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, timely, thoroughly, and legibly.
- Document all guest problems and/or complaints using correct forms and procedures, and resolve issues to guest satisfaction at all times.
- Educate guests on GNPL environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use of company equipment while keeping work space neat and organized.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all front office policies, procedures, and standards.
- Accurately follow cash handling procedures and secure bank at all times.
- Post charges to guest accounts for services and purchases.
- Balance all receipts and postings for work performed during shift at the end of shift.
- Offers information pertaining to available services, points of interest and entertainment attractions.
- Presents statements to departing guests and receives payment, counts money to verify amounts, records monetary transactions, and issues receipts for funds received. Issues change when necessary.
- Handles all phases of group tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, preparing vouchers, and rooming lists.
- Prepares folios for each guest account. Records advance deposits, credit transfers, cash payments and tour vouchers. Records dining room, bar, and gratuity charges. Keeps ledger on all cash transactions.
- Notifies Guest Service Manager of all guest complaints. May request refunds, but may not provide without manager’s approval.
- Receives and coordinates wake-up calls. May forward guest mail.
- Knowledgeable of Glacier National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
- Handles lost and found items, tagging them with the date and place found, following proper procedures established by GNPL.
- Familiar with and follows emergency fire evacuation and safety procedures.
- Understands and follows all PCI Compliance guidelines.
- Reconciles all transactions in order to verify daily drop amounts.
- Assists guests with retail items and processes the sale at applicable locations only (RS and VI only).
- Operates the PBX switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, interoffice and long distance calls. May supply information to callers and record messages.
- Continually works with housekeeping to update the status of arrivals, departures, and room status.
- Keeps alphabetical up-to-date list of all guest room numbers for ready reference.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Completes all other tasks as assigned by Front Office Manager. Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
At Lake McDonald Lodge and Many Glacier Hotel, Guest Service Agents will be required to work the graveyard shift on a rotating basis. Functions will also include the following:
- Provides key inventory to Guest Service Manager daily.
- Prepares registration cards, room assignments, and group key envelopes for following day.
- Cleans lobby and front desk area as needed or requested.
- Human relation skills – must be a people-person who thrives on public contact.
- Strong communication skills.
- General computer skills.
- Knowledge of Property Management System (PMS) Opera.
- Sales skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instruction accurately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and move through them in an efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with diverse peoples and help resolve any issues.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, cash registers, etc. required.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must be knowledgeable of Glacier National Park’s history and points of interest.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Standing for up to eight hours per shift.
- Requires bending, stretching and reaching throughout a shift up to 8 hours.
- Working with required chemicals.
Work Facts of Xanterra
Xanterra Working Hours
- Cedar Creek Lodge Banquet Server – On Call, Cedar Creek Lodge Room Attendant (Seasonal), Concierge, Cook, Food & Beverage Manager, Guest Service Agent
Xanterra Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Xanterra to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Xanterra Jobs: Official Site.