Safeway Online Application & Career
Safeway, is an American supermarket chain that was acquired by private equity investors led by Cerberus Capital Management in January 2015. The new merged company which includes the Albertsons supermarket chain has more than 2,200 stores and over 265,000 employees which makes it the second largest supermarket chain in North America, after The Kroger Company, which has 2,625 stores.
Open Positions: Cashier, Stocker, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Delivery Driver, Pharmacy Help Desk Specialist, Pharmacy Technician, Service Desk Shift Supervisor, Checker/Food Clerk, Courtesy Clerk, Deli Clerk, Bakery Clerk, Cake Decorator, Dairy/Frozen Clerk, Meat Clerk, Seafood Wrapper, Meat Cutter, Produce Clerk, Doughnut Fryer, Starbucks Clerk
Career with Safeway
Applicants can find entry level job opportunities in various areas in such as retail, stock, transportation and pharmacy in Safeway. Company hires individuals who have no or little experience, assist them while getting experience and give promotions depending on their skills.
Almost all positions require teamwork, patience and interpersonal skills in order to help customers with best customer service. Work schedules change depending on the department. Thus applicants need open availability to work at nights and weekends.
Positions and Wages
Company hires individuals who are 16 years old for entry level positions. Some positions may require high school diplomas or GEDs. Some positions are listed below and they may be applied in full time or part time:
Cashier – Cashiers focus on customer service. They ring up purchases, handle payments and operate cash registers. In addition, they are responsible of cleanliness of work area. Cashiers also answer customers’ questions and explain products and promotions. Cashiers get paid with state minimum wage.
Courtesy Clerk – As a Courtesy Clerk, some of your duties will include bagging groceries, providing carryout service, checking prices, and gathering shopping carts from the parking lot. You will ensure that our customers have a clean store to shop in by cleaning restrooms and cleaning up spills. Your job will be to provide our customers with exceptional customer service. More details are available in store. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal Shopper – As a Personal Home Shopping Clerk, you will be responsible for filling grocery orders that customers have placed online. With the assistance of a hand-held computer, you will gather the products on the customers shopping list ensuring order accuracy and product quality and freshness. You will package the orders and prepare them for shipment. More details are available in store. We are an equal opportunity employer
Pharmacy Technician – In order to get employment as pharmacy technicians, applicants must have a high school diploma. Pharmacy technicians handle prescription orders, give medications and keep records of each medical transaction. They follow safety laws and regulations and they also take payments. Associates start earning with 11 dollars an hour.
Clerk – Clerks work part time and with almost every department. They clean the store, help customers with their needs and questions and stock shelves. Interested applicants must have friendly attitudes. Associates get 9 to 11 dollars an hour.
Line Cook – To produce all hot and cold food items for service in the restaurant and catering functions, ensuring that all are prepared according to Albertsons standards.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following Albertsons recipes.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Must be able to perform all line cooking duties for all positions within assigned restaurant area.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent verbal communication and personal skills
- Basic math skills
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Pizza, Fry, and Pantry.
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, as well as converse comfortably with chef.
- Team player and leader with the ability to function effectively in a diverse environment.
- Well organized, self-managing, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Work in a loud, fast paced, hot environment with a sense of urgency.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a casual full service restaurant or café
- Stable job history which demonstrates upward career progression.
- Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport objects weighing up to 50 lbs. repeatedly during a shift.
How to Apply
Although company accepts applications in person or online; online application process is more beneficial since applicants can attach resumes. Applicants should check twice, give true and current information and should not leave any question unanswered. Managers choose to give dismissals to deficient applications.
Printable Application PDF/Form: Download Safeway Job Application PDF
How to Apply Safeway Jobs: visit Official Site.