Emirates is considered as one of the largest airlines in the Middle East since it operates in over 70 countries all over the world. It was founded and headquartered in Dubai. Since it has such a high level among all other airlines, Emirates needs to employ new employees with the aim of keeping the pace at that high level. Therefore, Emirates regularly offers job opportunities to job seekers who want to be a part of this industry. There are a number of positions offered to job seekers. In order to apply for one of the positions, applicants are able to apply online via the company website.
Emirates Job Opportunities
Emirates is looking for employees to fill variety of positions within the company. There are positions both on the ground and in the air. Emirates aims to fill these positions in order to maintain airline procedures on a daily basis. Baggage handling, ramp service, customer service, and dispatch are among the positions available on the ground. Job seekers who are interested in applying for a position on the ground should be aware that the duties include physical performance such as moving, bending, and lifting heavy objects. So, employees working on the ground are expected to be physically fit. Ground crew positions are generally part-time positions while there are also full-time job opportunities offered by the company.
Emirates is also looking for employees to fill the positions of flight attendant and other cabin crew positions. In order to gain employment in cabin crew, applicants are expected to be dynamic, friendly, and energetic. Cabin crew jobs are usually entry-level jobs and they require very little from applicants to gain employment. It is essential for applicants to have desire to travel. Moreover, it also proves to be advantageous to be able to provide exceptional customer service. To be able to gain employment as a flight attendant, applicants are required to be at least 21 years old. As for work hours, cabin crew positions require employees to work full-time schedules. Moreover, cabin crew positions provide employees with competitive base pay which can be increased through time and experience.
Positions and Salary Information for Emirates
Most of the time Emirates offers job opportunities in customer service positions which can either be on the ground or in the air. Job seekers who expect to follow a career path can also find job opportunities offered by Emirates. However, managerial positions usually require employees to lead to high level positions from within with promotions. It is essential to be at least 18 years old and hold high school diplomas to gain employment at Emirates. You can find the necessary information about the positions offered by Emirates below:
Airport Operations – Baggage services, ramp services, and passenger services are among the duties that airport operations include. These services require physical labor. So, applicants who are interested in applying for this position should be physically fit. Duties requiring physical duties include loading and unloading baggage and cargo from each flight. Moreover, ramp services may require employees to operate a range of technical equipment on a day-to-day basis. Ensuring all arrival baggage remains intact and ensuring customers receive luggage in a timely and efficient manner are among the responsibilities that baggage handlers are expected to handle. As for passenger services associates, they are mainly responsible for running check-in and boarding gate areas, working in lounge areas, and working in transfer areas to ensure passengers meet connecting flights on time. When it comes to the salary, employees working in airport operations usually earn $10.00 per hour as the starting wage while it is also possible to increase this amount to $15.00 per hour.
Customer Service Agent – Customer service agents are mainly responsible for providing patrons with excellent service at designated areas. Checking in passengers, accommodating requests, and ensuring baggage meets flight criteria are among the duties that a customer service agent is expected to perform. What is more, customer service agents can also be asked to check for departure times. Moreover, it is also essential for customer service agents to answer customer questions politely and expertly. From time to time, departing guests may ask for information, customer service agents are responsible for providing them with necessary flight information. When it comes to the salary, customer service agents usually earn between $12.00 and $19.00 per hour.
Cabin Crew – In the airline company, flight attendant is the title given to a cabin crew member. In order to gain employment in cabin crew, applicants should be able to demonstrate calm demeanors, and outgoing personalities. Moreover, it also proves to be advantageous to show desire to travel during the hiring process. Another important feature is to have excellent interpersonal skills, which is very crucial for this position. Emirates is looking for employees who are able to work in a team to fill this position. Other duties include serving meals and refreshments to passengers, accommodating special requests, answering patron questions, and providing safety and security demonstrations. Showing an understanding of multiple cultures is also quite essential for employees since the airline welcomes a number of people from different parts of the world. When it comes to the salary, flight attendants usually earn around $21.00 per hour as the starting wage.
Ticket Desk Agent – To contribute to the servicing of the clients and generation of revenues at the airport point of sales by advising potential customers, making reservations and selling EK products.
a) Ensure a high standard of Customer Service is maintained at all times.
b) Be able to project the EK image at all times by being fully conversant with EK ticketing and fares procedures
c) Handle denied boarding situations including implementation of “ Options” scheme and Compensation procedures in order to retain customer confidence and loyalty.
d) To assist other Airport Services team members as and when required in a multi skilled work environment.
e) Undertake various administrative functions and other duties as directed from time to time by the Airport Services Manager or other members of the station management group.
f) Offer the full range of Emirates products and services to all passengers.
g) Issue tickets, MCO’s, Excess Baggage tickets, PTA’s to passengers on departure. Make/amend reservations as and when necessary. Re-issue tickets and recalculate fares for passengers changing itinerary and make any additional collections as required.
h) Complete daily ticket sales returns and ensure monies are banked.
i) Handle rebooking of flights, accommodation and issue FIM’s in the event of disruptions for EK and other airlines.
j) Assume responsibilities of the Ticket Desk Supervisors in their absence to ensure the Ticket Desk is operated efficiently and a professional ticketing service if provided to the passengers
Provide existing and potential customers with a superior and consistent quality service, both directly and in conjunction with GHA. To ensure efficient day to day Cargo Operations within the location by guiding and directing the team and adhering to EKSkyCargo procedures.
– Plan, organise and co-ordinate the operational activities to ensure optimal efficiencies and productivity, delegating responsibilities to and controlling subordinate staff and GHA/third party contractors as appropriate.
– Monitor and oversee the service provided by GHA to ensure it is in line with EK standards, and where there are shortcomings, to address these appropriately and timeously. Where appropriate, make recommendations and implement process improvement with GHA.
– Resolve problems arising such as delays, disruptions, cargo mishandling and transfer cargo – Review, collate and compile the cargo documentation for cargo uplifted on flights in accordance with local regulations and company policies
– Ensure accurate completion of all post flight activities including dispatch of message, forwarding documentation and completion of station file. Where required, take appropriate action for any irregularities/ discrepancies
– Investigate and respond to queries, complaints and claims received from internal and external customers in an efficient and timely manner, restoring customer confidence
– Update and maintain Cargo Systems in order to provide the requisite customer service information and produce and analyse periodic reports and statistics
– Motivate, train and give feedback to staff to ensure all tasks are completed on time and to ensure high standard of service is maintained. Provide on the job training and manage performance, including corrective action. Undertake performance appraisals and development planning
– Supervise the cargo operations as required to ensure all activities are completed safely and in an efficient manner.
– Deputise for the Cargo Manager where no senior manager is on duty and/or act as the Duty Manager e.g. Freighter.
Work Facts of Emirates
Emirates Working Hours
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Station Agent, Customer Service Agent, Flight Attendant, Ticket Sales Agent, Travel Agent, Security Guard, Baggage Handler, Cabin Crew Member, Pilot, Air Traffic Controller, Maintenance Worker, Manager of Station Training, Shift Manager, Maintenance Technician, Inspector, Maintenance Controller, Manager of Airport Affairs, Flight Dispatcher, Airlines Flight Instructor, Human Resources Specialist, Travel Document Checker, HR Specialist, Project Manager, Quality Assurance Analyst, Legal Advisor
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Emirates Jobs: Official Site