Cathay Pacific Airlines Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Cathay Pacific Airlines receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Cathay Pacific Airlines can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited is the flag carrier of Hong Kong, with its head office and main hub located at Hong Kong International Airport. The airline’s operations and subsidiaries have scheduled passenger and cargo services to 180 destinations in 44 countries worldwide including codeshares and joint ventures.
Cathay Pacific Airlines Job Opportunities & Application Process
Cathay Pacific Airlines receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Cathay Pacific Airlines, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Open Positions: Customer Service Agent, Maintenance Worker, Security Officer, Cabin Crew Member, Flight Attendant, Pilot, Co-Pilot, Air Traffic Controller, Ground Control Team Member, Cargo Handler, Inside Sales Support, Online Sales Manager, Manager on Duty, Aircraft Engineer, Account Manager
Cathay Pacific Airlines entry-level opportunities are designed to enable you to explore your interests and expand your horizons. This means that the role you begin with won’t be your last. We’ll provide you with ongoing opportunities to develop your skill set as well as the support you need to progress your career in whichever direction you would like to go.
Customer Contact Specialist
As a Customer Contact Specialist, you will help improve the travel experience of Cathay’s customers, through providing excellent teleservices, such as reservation, after sales support and enquiry handling round the clock.
You will get extensive training, individual coaching, mentoring and support from experienced colleagues to help you succeed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recommending travel products, fares and services and providing after sales support
- Assisting customer to reserve and adjust flight booking transactions
- Assisting customers to use our websites, cathaypacific.com and dragonair.com
- Responding to feedback and general enquiries by phone, email and web channels from worldwide 24 x 7
Job Requirements :
If you meet the requirements below, we’d love to hear from you!
- The right to live and work in Hong Kong
- HKDSE (Level 2) or HKCEE: Passes in five subjects including English
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good command of spoken and written English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an advantage
- A passion for customer service
- Great communication, listening and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work on shift (including overnight and weekend)
With a team of over 180 staff, safety and security remain the key areas of importance to cargo operations. The Cargo team strives to provide reliable and cost-effective cargo and mail services to our customers. If you enjoy working in this dynamic logistic hub and developing a career as a cargo operational professional, you will be interested to become our Cargo Officer.
- Compile Cargo Load Plan for export flight
- Handle online cargo according to load plan
- Process data for export shipments
- Carry out pre-manifesting and manifesting according to booking list, load plan and adhere to all loading limitation/requirement.
- Communicate closely with warehouse and Load Control so as to deliver load figures accurately and timely
- Process FWB from cargo forwarders
- Accept various cargo products e.g. general cargo, Pharma LIFT, live animal, dangerous goods, etc according to the company and industrial standards on safety, security and electronic documentation e.g. E-AWB handling.
- Handle post-flight documentation and activities according to standards set
- Perform duties as designated by Cargo Supervisor(s)
- HKDSE: Minimum Level 2 or equivalent in 5 New Senior Secondary School subjects including English Language ( “Attained” for Applied Learning subjects or Grade E for other language subjects), OR
- HKCEE: Minimum of Grade E in 5 HKCEE subjects (including Level 2 or above in English language or equivalent )
- Good command of spoken English and Cantonese.
- Available to work shift duty (including overnight shifts)
- Team oriented and able to work independently and under pressure
The Recruitment Process
Interviews – During the preliminary interview, you can expect to be asked both behavioural and biographical questions. Behavioural questions require you to speak about how you have previously performed in specific workplace situations, and what the end result was. Biographical questions require you to discuss your CV and employment history, outlining your achievements and career path.
If you are invited to a second stage interview, there may be a chance that you will be asked to present ideas around a pre-set topic and to complete aptitude tests that assess relevant skills such as verbal and numerical reasoning.
Assessment Centres – Depending on the role you have applied for, you may be asked to attend an assessment centre so that we are able to better measure your competencies in specific areas. This process is particularly common for entry into trainee or internship programmes.
Each assessment centre is customised for specific roles so that we can accurately assess your relevant competencies. Examples of assessment exercises include group discussions, fact-finding exercises, role-plays, aptitude tests, psychometric tests, and presentations. Assessment centres may take up to a full day, although a half-day is most common.
Cathay Pacific Airlines Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Cathay Pacific Airlines to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Cathay Pacific Airlines Jobs: Official Site