Waste Management Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Waste Management receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Waste Management can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Waste Management is a leading provider of comprehensive environmental solutions services in North America, serving more than 21 million customers in the U.S. and Canada.
Waste Management Job Opportunities & Application Process
Waste Management receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Waste Management , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform this job.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Heavy Equip Mechanic
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
Washes, repairs and/or performs limited painting duties in an effort to clean, cover and/or protect interior or exterior surfaces of containers. Performs minor repairs, such as axle repair/replacement, on assigned containers. Responsible for the movement of containers within the yard, the loading and unloading of new and used containers, and monitoring the container inventory.
Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding minor painting and/or completing minor repairs on assigned containers.
Performs minor container repairs, such as axle repair/replacement.
Washes container interior or exteriors as needed.
Moves containers in the yard.
Loads and unloads both new and used containers from trucks.
Performs minor painting duties.
Responsible for monitoring the site’s container inventory.
Performs general duties and responsibilities as required.
Work Facts of Waste Management
Age Requirement: 16 years old
Waste Management Working Hours Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Driver, Helper, Laborer, Swamper, Technician, Mechanic, Equipment Operator, Inside Commercial/Sales Representative, Operations Specialist, Office Clerk, Sustainability Specialist, Route Auditor, Route Manager, Outside Sales Representative, Territory Manager, Human Resources Manager, District Fleet Manager, Scalehouse Attendant, Engineering Manager, Strategic Accounts Billing Representative, Construction Project Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Routing and Logistics Expert, Accounting Clerk, Utility Operator
Waste Management Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Waste Management to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Waste Management Jobs: Official Site.