Volkswagen Group of America Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Volkswagen Group of America receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Volkswagen Group of America can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Be a part of Volkswagen Group of America and see what sets us apart.
Are you an innovator? Do you thrive as part of a committed team? Do you love to find creative solutions to old challenges? Do you want to make an impact and help your company and your career advance together? Are you passionate about helping customers go further, faster? If so, this just may be the kind of place for you.
Sound interesting? Check out our current job postings and check back often.
Volkswagen Group of America Job Opportunities & Application Process
Volkswagen Group of America receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Volkswagen Group of America, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Sr. Staff Software Engineer – Deep Learning
Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our Passion.
Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest carmaker in Europe. The Group comprises twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.
Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Electronics Research Laboratory (ERL) is becoming the epicenter of vehicle electronics expertise in North America. The ERL team of engineers works with researchers and development teams in the US, Germany and across the globe. Our mission is to develop innovations and technologies for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries into the automotive domain.
This is a senior level role, responsible for the research and development of sensor-aided navigation software that estimates the vehicle ego state parameters (position, velocity, attitude, etc.) as well as sensor calibration (sensors’ intrinsic and extrinsic parameters). Because of the knowledge required in sensor measurements (Inertial Measurement Unit, Global Positioning System, camera, LIDAR, RADAR, and SONAR) a strong background in math, physics, and statistics is required. This role utilizes Kalman filter understanding, covariance analysis experience, and knowledge of state-of-the-art algorithms such as visual inertial odometry and SLAM. This position is involved in all software development life cycle project activities (analysis, preliminary and detailed software design, code, test, verification, documentation, and product release) under limited supervision. This role also investigates and develops solutions to complex and advanced technical problems by applying advanced engineering theories, methods, and research techniques. Additionally, this role provides technical guidance and mentorship for engineers.
Development – (95%)
- Defines, programs, and implements software modules for Driver Assistance Systems and Autonomous Driving Systems.
- Develops vehicle perception, visual localization, image processing, computer vision, and sensor data fusion modules for the Group.
- Coordinates development of autonomous driving software between engineers at the ERL and Germany.
- Transfers technologies and solutions to Volkswagen Group Development divisions.
- Mentors junior engineers on best practices and the current state of the art in the fields
- Reviews developed code modules and test results; provides final approval of technical functionality.
- Provides feedback on conducted tests and code to guide team towards quality.
- Identifies new technologies that can be brought into the Group to provide new innovations.
- Researches new algorithms and frameworks to drive the state of the art of vehicle perception and localization.
- Develops technical specifications and documentation.
Networking and Administration – (5%)
- Represents Volkswagen Group in technical community, such as at conferences.
- Other duties as needed.
Years of Experience
- Master of Science Degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- PhD in an Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Certifications Required
- Strong Software programming skills (C/C++)
- Kalman filter understanding, covariance analysis experience, and knowledge of state-of-the-art algorithms such as visual inertial odometry and SLAM
- Strong background in Computer Science, EE or Math
- Over five years of experience with an emphasis on highly advanced engineering; or, a doctorate degree with a focus in navigation
- Knowledge of sensor measurements: Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Global Positioning System (GPS), camera, LIDAR, RADAR, and SONAR
Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Certifications Desired
- Proven experience working in interdisciplinary and inter-organizational teams, from conception to completion
- Background or strong interest in automotive engineering
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCV and Matlab
- Ability to write technical papers or internal whitepapers
- International travel – (5%+)
Work Facts of Volkswagen Group of America
Volkswagen Group of America Working Hours
- Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Audi Portfolio & Pricing Specialist Sr., Audi EV Compliance Strategy Specialist, Audi Digital Media & Design Visualization Specialist, Audi Area After Sales Manager – Houston, Workforce Optimization Manager
Volkswagen Group of America Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Volkswagen Group of America to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Volkswagen Group of America Jobs: Official Site.