Vertex Pharmaceuticals Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Vertex Pharmaceuticals receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Vertex Pharmaceuticals can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
At Vertex, we have some of the industry’s best and brightest people helping us achieve our mission of discovering transformative medicines to help people with serious diseases like cystic fibrosis. Whether they are in the lab, part of our business development team or on the phones with patients, we depend on a talented global workforce to lead the charge as we work toward developing tomorrow’s breakthrough medicines.
Our benefits are very competitive, and we offer challenging and dynamic career opportunities across all areas of our organization while fostering a culture that embraces diversity, authenticity and enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Job Opportunities & Application Process
Vertex Pharmaceuticals receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Vertex Pharmaceuticals , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Associate Director, Corporate Affairs Benelux
Reporting to the Head of Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) in the Europe Central Region, the Associate Director Corporate Affairs will be responsible for developing and managing Government Affairs, Patient and Stakeholder Engagement and related Communication initiatives in Benelux countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg).
The role will include support of the GAPP Head in establishing and executing Government Affairs and Patient Engagement activities in the region and developing Communication strategies in alignment with the International Corporate Affairs Department across several functional areas, including research, clinical development, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, commercial and health outcomes/market access. It is the responsibility of the role to develop and implement country plans that help communicate Vertex objectives to various stakeholders including KOLs, Patients, General Public/Media, Specialized Media, Political/Regulatory audiences.
He/she should have a strong background in Government Affairs, Patient Engagement and External Communications in the bio/pharmaceutical industry, including experience in corporate relations. The candidate should also have experience launching a new bio/pharmaceutical product as well as other general media relations experience, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop Government Affairs, Patient Engagement and External Communications strategy in support of the local reimbursement process for Vertex therapies’;
- Together with the Country Manager, build up a high level engagement plan with Members of the NL/Bel/Lux Parliaments, Ministries of Health and other relevant government bodies in these three countries;
- Build up partnership with industry peer groups/companies and define strategies and advocacy projects to be addressed to various stakeholders;
- Develop and leverage communication strategies and programs in support of Vertex goals, supporting broader understanding of the Vertex business model and transformative medicines and enhance the Company’s standing and reputation;
- develop and lead targeted media activity in support of the above;
- Enhance awareness and acceptance of therapies among external stakeholders and the general, trade and on-line media;
- Develop and implement specific plans that engage patient advocacy groups in our goal of improving the quality of CF care in the region, and where appropriate enhancing patient access to Vertex’ transformative medicines, focusing on disease and treatment education, public health policy, and support for capacity building of patient advocacy groups;
- Write and manage the review process for press materials and other company materials (e.g. data/medical meetings press release, disease fact sheets, patient videos, etc.);
- Drive in alignment with the brand teams patient related external communication projects
- Support internal communication including internal education on insights from and about the advocacy programs, championing the patient perspective inside the organization;
- Oversee traditional and social media monitoring process in Benelux countries, including identifying and tracking key media influencers, and monitoring social media real-time and assessing, triaging and helping resolve issues arising from social media, as appropriate;
- Collaborate with the Benelux and regional Medical and Marketing leads to ensure alignment of the advocacy activities to the regional strategy and to share best practices;
- Assist in analyzing and developing recommendations and strategies regarding national policies and issues impacting Vertex’ portfolio;
- Work with relevant functions to develop position papers and policy materials to support external advocacy campaigns;
- Identify local in-country Government Affairs and Communication firms and programs
Preferred Qualifications/skill set
- Significant experience in Government Affairs and Communications in pharma/biopharma on either the agency or corporate side in Benelux countries;
- Experience in Cystic Fibrosis, Rare Diseases and Orphan Drug Market is highly desirable;
- A high level of energy and passion towards patients, innovative science and public health;
- A desire to work in the corporate culture of a highly innovative company aimed at redefining health, and transforming lives with new medicine;
- Working knowledge and appreciation of the complexities of the drug development process and regulatory requirements in Benelux countries ;
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and key policies relevant for pharmaceutical market access for highly innovative medicines;
- Understanding of the patient and caregiver experience in CF/ rare diseases to include, diagnosis, treatment, and treatment options preferred;
- Knowledge of the patient advocacy community/individuals in rare diseases/CF preferred;
- Knowledge of guidelines and policies affecting interactions with patient organizations;
- Strong track record of experience in implementing projects with defined outcomes in a Government Affairs,
- Patient Engagement or Communications role;
- Experience in managing print, video and online production of corporate materials;
- Experience in working across multiple departments in a global company;
- Familiarity with issues/sensitivities of corporate reputation management;
- Understanding of the global regulatory environment in which the Company operates;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- High degrees of self-motivation and organization;
- Ability to work independently, jump into a fast-moving environment and absorb information quickly;
- Strong interpersonal skills and integrity, and the ability to build relationships and establish credibility at all levels;
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment with frequent changes in scope or direction of projects;
- Excellent strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies;
- Successful working within cross-functional teams;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills;
- Experience with budget management;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Fluency in Dutch and English (French is a pre), written and spoken
Work Facts of Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Working Hours
- Associate Director, Senior Research Scientist, Temporary Research Scientist, Temporary Administrative Assistant, Temporary Quality Manager
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Vertex Pharmaceuticals to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Vertex Pharmaceuticals Jobs: Official Site.