USF Holland Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, USF Holland receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at USF Holland can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich., Holland has long been recognized for delivering the most next-day service lanes in its territory and annually records one of the lowest claim ratios in the industry. Originally committed to serving the central United States, Holland has expanded farther into the Southeast and Midwest where it continues to provide on-time reliability. Its dedicated employees have earned the prestigious Quest for Quality award from Logistics Management magazine every year since the mid-1980s. Holland provides full-state regional delivery in 12 states and 2 provinces.
USF Holland Job Opportunities & Application Process
USF Holland receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in USF Holland, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
– Safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas in all weather conditions to transport freight
– Load, unload, and move materials at customer location
– Comply with company policies and federal, state and local regulations
– Follow company procedures for safely loading and unloading freight
– Take and verify dispatch instructions
– Operate a tractor-trailer combination (vans)
– Load and unload freight in varying weather conditions at the company and customer facilities
– Safe operation of equipment and on-time movement of shipments
– Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections
– Maintain electronic logs according to state and federal regulations
Qualified Drivers should have:
– Valid Class A CDL and safe driving record/history
– Minimum one year or 50,000 miles verifiable driving experience in the most recent 5 years
– Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsement
– No major accidents in the last 3 years
– Must pass a DOT drug test, DOT physical and Physical Abilities Test
– DUI/DWI in the last 3 years not permitted
– Must be able to read, write and speak English
– Must be at least 21 years old
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
– Forklift experience is perferred
In this role you will be:
– working with terminal supervision, drivers and other dispatch employees
– coordinating the movement of 1600 linehaul drivers on a nightly basis
– issue driver assignments/instructions
– schedule departures and arrivals
– Answer procedural and Hazmat questions
– Optimize Line Haul efficiencies to facilitate cost reduction
– Work with internal and external customers
The qualified candidate needs to:
– Exhibit a positive attitude working well in a team environment
– Have excellent analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills
– Be an active listener with strong communication skills
– Excellent customer service skills
– Provide a strong work ethic
Weight & Inspection Coordinator
Typical shift will be 4:30PM to 10:00PM Monday through Friday.
– Coordinate all W & I activity in the revenue management to improve the W & I program and achieve annual goals.
– Assist in the development of W & I goals.
– Develop effective W & I approach to maximize employee experience and involvement to facilitate in the identification of suspect shipments.
– Develop approach for effective reinforcement of W & I activities.
– Coordinate freight-type studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
– Investigate W & I protest. Demonstrate sensitivity to the implications of W & I corrections on external customer.
– High School Diploma or equivalent
– Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
Responsibilities of the Recruiter include:
– In alignment with overall Talent Acquisition strategies, facilitate the hiring needs of assigned terminal locations according to DOT and fair employment guidelines
– Assist terminals in pre-screening and selecting candidates, hosting hiring events, and coordinating Driver Training targets
– Utilize data driven metrics to predict hiring needs and launch early planning of marketing campaigns and terminal support
– Strive to continuously improve the candidate experience
Successful candidates will possess:
– Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent field
– 3+ years experience in staffing and recruiting
– Demonstrated competency in use of applicant tracking systems and behavioral interviewing
– Excellent communication skills and a strong desire to support field operations required
– Knowledge of DOT and and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act regulations is a plus
Work Facts of USF Holland
Age Requirement: 16 years old
USF Holland Working Hours Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Truck Driver, Dock Worker, Dispatcher, Owner-Operator, Equipment Services Specialist, Facilities Manager
USF Holland Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest USF Holland to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply USF Holland Jobs: Official Site.