US Census Bureau Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, US Census Bureau receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at US Census Bureau can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The United States Census Bureau (USCB; officially the Bureau of the Census, as defined in Title 13 U.S.C. § 11) is a principal agency of the U.S. Federal Statistical System, responsible for producing data about the American people and economy. The Census Bureau is part of the U.S. Department of Commerce and its director is appointed by the President of the United States.
US Census Bureau Job Opportunities & Application Process
US Census Bureau receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in US Census Bureau, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Clerk: The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Perform administrative activities such as following up on requests for information, ensuring the correct material is provided, and distribution of office materials and incoming mail. Maintain correspondence files.
- Monitor personnel/payroll processing activities, resolve and recommend corrective actions using an automated system.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, answering inquiries regarding office procedures, respond to multiple customer demands.
- Creates memoranda and correspondences, reviews for accuracy and procedural compliance on personnel and payroll documentation based on rough drafts or verbal instructions.
- Uses office automation software such as database or spreadsheet to enter, revise, sort or calculate, and retrieve data; graphics software to provide graphic symbols, charts and graphs.
- Operates various office machines such as the copy machine.
Partnership Specialist: This position is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating the partnership agreements with federal, state, local, and tribal governments, and/or local businesses and community groups to develop specific strategies to eliminate enumeration barriers in specific regions in support of the Decennial Census.
For the GG-12 position: The selectee may be requested to supervise staff.
This is a temporary promotion opportunity not-to-exceed (NTE) 2 years. This position may be extended or terminated earlier at management’s discretion. At the conclusion of the temporary promotion, the employee will return to their position of record (please refer to the “Note” in Who May Apply regarding return rights).
Work Facts of US Census Bureau
US Census Bureau Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
US Census Bureau Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest US Census Bureau to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply US Census Bureau Jobs: Official Site.