Urban Outfitters Job Application Online
Urban Outfitters wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at Urban Outfitters can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at Urban Outfitters. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a Urban Outfitters job.
Urban Outfitters was founded in 1970 and it has more than 400 retail locations worldwide where it offers multiple brands of apparel. As a company, it focuses on bohemian, a defined style of kitschy, and even hipster fashion trends. Urban Outfitters are looking for employees to add to a growing brand.
Urban Outfitters Job Opportunities & Application Process
Urban Outfitters is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
Loss Prevention Agent
The Loss Prevention Agent’s main objective is to deter theft by communicating suspicious activity, maintaining a safe working environment and providing a high level of customer service. The LPA is primarily located at the customer entrance to monitor customer traffic and respond to the EAS alarm. The LPA will also perform other duties such a daily LP checklist and other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid NYS security guard license
- 1-2 years’ experience within a retail security environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Outstanding time and attendance history is a critical requirement
- Effective at developing and maintaining strong business partnerships
- Ability to deescalate aggressive customer situations and protect members of the store team as necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to get along with co-workers at all times.
- Ability to stand for an extended length of time. Additionally, and in some instances, standing directly by the entrance door in times of in climate weather.
- Ability to make quick and decisive decisions in accordance to company policies
- Proven track record of shoplifting apprehensions/recoveries
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to preserve confidential information
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to work days, night and weekends. Scheduled hours may change week to week.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolve with in scheduled deadlines
- Ability to write concise reports in a timely manner. LPA must also know basic computer skills to type reports
- This is a non-uniformed position. The LPA will be required to dress in accordance to company dress code standards
- Communicate with local and state law enforcement agencies as necessary to report and/or prosecute cases of theft.
- Successful completion of internal Loss Prevention program upon hire.
- Monitor store entrance/ exit responding to the EAS system in a friendly customer service approach
- Completion of daily LP checklist
- Recover/Apprehend shoplifters if stolen merchandise is found upon EAS activation
- Prosecute all shoplifters following company guidelines
- Complete all necessary paper work (Supporting deposition, Lost and stolen property report, Wazagua case report
- Ensure the store teams are adhering to Loss Prevention policy and procedure
- Respond to all safety concerns and threats within assigned location
Maintain a department that contributes to a creative and inspirational store environment for the Urban Outfitters customer and employee. Partner with Store Brand Leader to oversee the operational and visual integrity of the store and contribute weekly business analysis with an emphasized accountability on their unique department. Assist in daily operational responsibilities of maintaining the store.
Experience + Qualifications:
- Deeply understands and loves Urban Outfitters customer and brand culture
- Ability to drive business through providing an elevated customer experience
- Strong record of encouraging, developing, and promoting talented individuals towards their career goals
- One or more years of retail experience in a leadership role
Members of the store management team and the visual team are eligible for a discretionary bonus based on the current Fiscal Year bonus criteria. The bonus payout is based on the applicable percent of the employee’s gross wages.
People + Leadership
- Coach team members on store operations, department knowledge, store visual standards, and business analysis
- Recruit, mentor, and train talented individuals for advancement within the organization
- Set clear objectives and expectations for team development, with an emphasis on an exceptional customer experience
- Encourage and demonstrate adaptability; positively effecting change and enabling the team to successfully execute a shared vision
Communication + Collaboration
- Foster a culture of strong communication and teamwork to ensure a seamless balance of operational, visual, and training priorities
- Effectively delegate projects and direction while at the same time empowering others and the to succeed by taking ownership and providing autonomy
- Conduct productive and inspirational meetings and walkthroughs to ensure daily goals are met, with a focus on effecting their department’s business and visual standards
- Ensure that new, important Company information reaches all levels using Threads and store communication, including training on Omni resources such as MPOS
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience by coaching team on goals and expectations that promote engaging and personalized interactions for each customer
- Collaborate with the Visual Manager on the creation of an engaging visual experience that appeals to our customer
- Actively lead daily meetings by contributing product knowledge, reviewing daily and weekly goals and service expectations, and distributing Company information through the usage of Threads
- Maximize store sales through a strong level of customer service, business and key metric analysis, and utilization of business applications and productivity resources
- Collaborate with the Store Brand Leader & Visual Manager in taking ownership of shipment, markdowns, restocking, and standards within their department
- Focus on driving an Omni business experience, with attention to Pack + Ship, In Store Pick Up, and other initiatives such as UO Rewards
- Lead and train team to maintain a deep understanding of Loss Prevention, Inventory Control, and all other Policy and Procedure
Merchandising + Display
- Collaborate with the Visual Manager to develop creative and innovative solutions that adapt seasonal direction to their department in an inspiring way, while also rolling up their sleeves and supporting timely merchandising execution
- Assist in the timely execution of department visual tasks, such as preparing signage + promotions and bringing focus to new store arrivals to provide an inspirational visual experience
- Communicate and inspire team members on current trends and UO culture by sharing outside inspiration, new ideas, and pertinent visual information from the Home Office
To set the industry standard for visual excellence by creating an emotionally engaging environment, through the use of display and merchandising which exemplifies our customers appreciation of diversity, irony, discovery and authenticity.
- Candidates must have a strong artistic background including experience in fine arts, design or architectural fields. A completed professional portfolio should be submitted if applicable.
- Display Artist candidates must also possess: High level craftsmanship standards coupled with the ability to develop and install two and three dimensional work
- A working knowledge of power tools (including but not limited to power drill, circular saw and chop saw)
- An understanding of the Urban Outfitters culture, its appeal to the local market, as well as knowledge of and interest in current, brand relevant trends in art, design, architecture, and fashion
- A basic understanding of programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Google SketchUp and similar design and presentation oriented programs.
The Store Management Team and the Visual Team will receive a bonus by achieving the quarterly sales goal and payroll plan. The bonus is based on the employee’s annual salary, and is payable on a quarterly basis.
MERCHANDISING AND DISPLAY
- Actively seek outside inspiration and apply personal talent to develop and contribute unique perspectives to the overall display concept
- Interpret Company direction and updates to ensure displays create an artistic, visionary and unique environment that has a positive impact on sales (i.e. Merchandising and Display Page on the intranet)
- Ensure excellent craftsmanship throughout all windows and displays
- Utilize seasonal books to interpret the inspiration of the floor set by using knowledge of the customer and location while infusing personal artistic and cultural interests
- Build partnership with Viusal Manager or Store Brand Leader to ensure timely completion of daily merchandising and display projects
- Promote the Urban philosophy of “peers teaching peers” by sharing skills and achievements as well as knowledge of contemporary art, music and culture
- Mentor staff by training visual expectations, operational standards and materials/tool management
- Identify and develop team members to assist in display projects and seasonal set-ups
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION
- Attend daily and monthly meetings and share inspiration, new ideas and pertinent information from the Home Office with the store team
- Communicate new display concepts and inspiration to the Home Office through photo sharing, contributions to the Visual Surplus blog, inspiration projects and contests
- Consistently collaborate with the Visual Manager resulting in innovative and timely project execution
MANAGING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Prioritize and plan projects to ensure that the customer experience is not inhibited
- Keep back of house areas organized and clean, including display room, signage storage area and fixture room
- Ensure safety standards are upheld for both customers and associates in terms of displays, materials storage, tool usage, and work taking place on the floor during hours of operation Maintain and ensure professionalism throughout the store
- Support sales generation by creating an environment that highlights the appearance of the product and reflects the customer’s lifestyle and interests
- Ensure display budgets are met and complete expense-reporting requirements accurately and on time
- Efficiently utilize all display materials, including adaptations from recycled displays
- Assist in achieving the store shrinkage goal by ensuring that all merchandise used for display is properly handled and accounted for at all times
Work Facts of Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
- Part-Time Sales Associate, Full-Time Sales Associate, Display Artist, Receiver, Team Leader, Store Merchandiser, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Administrative Assistant, Customer Care Specialist, Account Executive, Buyer, Financial Analyst, Internet Marketing Specialist, Visual Intern
Urban Outfitters Printable Application Form
You can download Urban Outfitters printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Urban Outfitters Jobs: Official Site.