University of Utah Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, University of Utah receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at University of Utah can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
We represent and advocate on behalf of you, our fellow students, to promote the Career & Professional Development Center and your professional development. We strive to connect you to employment and campus involvement opportunities through outreach to students, employers, and campus organizations.
- Acquire strong professional development skills including, resume writing, job/internship searching, graduate school preparedness, interviewing, and career exploration
- Engage in career preparedness, peer mentoring, event management and leadership opportunities, that support academic, career and personal growth
- Network with employers, alumni, and academic partners to help build and maintain connections for future professional opportunities
University of Utah Job Opportunities & Application Process
University of Utah receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in University of Utah, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Outpatient Nurse I
- Identifies, assesses and diagnoses problems through patient assessment and interactions; and evaluates actual or potential patient health problems.
- Assesses, plans and implements interventions for solving patient care problems.
- Formulates care plans for specific patients and documents the nursing process in patient’s record.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and modifies plan of care as needed to achieve health care goals.
- Develops and participates in educating patients, their families, or significant others about post discharge care programs.
- Initiates patient care meetings with the health care team to revise the plan of care as the patient’s condition warrants.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Keeps current on advances in nursing care by participating in educational programs.
- Orients and educates new staff in nursing techniques and departmental procedures.
- Provides and oversees direct patient care in accordance with established nursing protocol and physicians’ orders.
- Utilizes knowledge of medications, procedures, infection control, and safety precaution; and initiates appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Participates in total quality management to positively affect patient and system outcomes to improve care.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Ability to provide care to the population served.
- Demonstrated leadership, human relations, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to function during regularly scheduled, 12 hour, extended or alternative shifts.
- Ability to display mental and emotional stamina in situations dealing with death, multiple patients, family members, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high stress situations.
- Ability to deal with the hazards involved in assessing and providing care to patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Utah, or obtain one within 90 days of hire under the interstate compact if switching residency to State of Utah. If not changing state of practice to Utah, current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in a state covered by the Interstate Compact.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
- Some positions may require additional certifications such as Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within one year of hire.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intensive work that may exert up to 100 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, such as medical equipment, or patients while providing medical care. Workers in this position may be exposed to infectious diseases and may be required to function around prisoners and behavioral health patients.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
Work Facts of University of Utah
University of Utah Working Hours
- Outpatient Nurse, Engineering Assistant, Retail Specialist, Vehicle Operator, Food Service Worker
University of Utah Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest University of Utah to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply University of Utah Jobs: Official Site.