Universal Studios Job Application Online
Universal Studios wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at Universal Studios can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at Universal Studios. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a Universal Studios job.
Universal Studios Hollywood is a film studio and theme park in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles County, California. About 70% of the studio lies within the unincorporated county island known as Universal City while the rest lies within the city limits of Los Angeles, California. It is one of the oldest and most famous Hollywood film studios still in use. Its official marketing headline is “The Entertainment Capital of LA”. It was initially created to offer tours of the real Universal Studios sets and is the first of many full-fledged Universal Studios Theme Parks located across the world.
Universal Studios Job Opportunities & Application Process
Universal Studios is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
The Figure Finisher is to support the daily operations of the department by safely operating, maintaining, and inspecting the ride systems employed in the theme park, as well as all of the show quality elements such as show characters, show effects, ride vehicles, and other duties assigned within the Technical Services Department at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Ensure ride system safety, show quality, operation and compliance of all rides, shows and effects in the park
- Respond and resolve maintenance issues that affect show quality of all characters, effects, and ride vehicles in a timely manner. Ensure the work is performed correctly and follows all approved procedures
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters which pertain to the operational status/readiness of all attractions and show venues to the Gang Boss and/or Foreman
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within USH in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in skilled machining and processing of precision parts utilizing lathes, milling machines, shapers, drills and related equipment; set up and operate equipment to machine parts to specifications
- Maintains machines and equipment in safe, operating order. Makes repairs as appropriate or determines when vendors should be contacted for servicing
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, or descriptions of parts to be fabricated. Determine dimensions and tolerances of pieces to be machined, sequence of operations, and tools, materials and machines required
- Maintains and controls inventories at levels adequate to sustain efficient operations. Places special orders for materials and tolls based on work orders
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures within Attraction Services and USH at large
- Ensure that unscheduled work performed is correctly documented
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain proficiency in all areas as it pertains to his/her area(s) of responsibilities assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Associate’s degree (AA) from a two-year college/technical school in applicable discipline(s) or equivalent experience required
- Ability & willingness to work a variety of schedules, overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
- Ability and willingness to respond to incidents in locations requiring climbing, fall-protection, and other non-traditional work-environments
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written on a technical level
- Able to work independently
- Requires moderate to heavy physical exertion
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull heavy materials and objects up to 50lbs
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
- Background is preferred in some or all of these creative mediums: molding, sculpting, casting, mold making, fiberglass, silicone/latex and plasterwork
- Candidate will also preferably have experience in the recreation or finishing of synthetic skin, hair, bone and other biological features
- Also desirable is any background in the crafts of set dressing, prop fabrication, scenic painting and aging/graining.
- Possess knowledge of electrical/electronics, hydraulic/pneumatics, mechanical/structural, welding/ fabricating, program logic controllers (PLC), machining, inventory control inspection, quality control procedures
- Experienced in metal fabrication, designs and technical blueprints for all the disciplines listed above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers. Strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
- Theme Park Operations knowledge
- Exposure to extreme temperatures relative to the various systems
- Exposure to weather, noise, and hazardous materials
- Required to work in confined spaces
- Required to work at heights
The Service Person is to support the daily operations of the Tram Garage under the direct supervision of the Lead Mechanic & Department Management, performing a variety of maintenance activities to ensure general maintenance, cleanliness, detailing and servicing of the USH Tram vehicles/fleet. Assists in performance of state safety inspections as required law to ensure USH is in compliance with state and federal regulations and other duties assigned within the Technical Services Department at Universal Studios Hollywood (“USH”).
Washes exteriors of assigned vehicles, cleans and details vehicle interiors by removing trash, sweeping, mopping, waxing floors, removing graffiti, assuring all areas including driver’s area, dash, seats, floors, windows, window seals, door areas, railings, mirrors, lights, and steering wheel are checked and properly maintained. Responsible for fueling all assigned vehicles.
Checks fluid levels of vehicles and adds, as required, fuel, oil, water, coolant, and/or washer, transmission, power steering, and brake fluids, recording amount of each material added.
Checks wipers and wiper operations, headlights, signal lights, tail lights, brake lights, tire pressures and tread depths, checks for evidence of oil or other fluid leaks, recording any malfunctions or defects found
Drive vehicles through fueling stations and washers; moves and parks vehicles.
Reports accidents and incidents to lead/supervisory personnel as they occur, promptly completing all reporting documentation.
Maintains work area in clean and safe working condition, emptying trash containers, putting up cleaning materials and equipment, cleaning up spills and cleaning areas.
Uses all equipment, tooling, and machinery in an appropriate and safe manner, identifying and reporting all such equipment that is broken, damaged, or unsafe.
Ability & willingness to work a variety of schedules, overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
Ability and willingness to respond to incidents in locations requiring climbing, fall-protection, and other non-traditional work-environments.
Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written on a technical level
Must have the ability to motivate employees and work independently and as part of a team.
Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull heavy materials and objects up to 50lbs.
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
3-5 years technical and trade experience
Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
STUDIO TOUR MECHANIC
The Mechanic supports the daily operations of the Tram Garage under the direct supervision of the Lead Mechanic and Department Management by performing a variety of activities designed to service, repair and maintain the various USH Tram vehicles/fleet and watercraft. Performs maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of light/heavy equipment including but not limited to heavy-duty truck and semi-tractors, high pressure pumps, trailers, street sweepers, aerial towers and man lifts. Assists in performance of state safety inspections as required law to ensure USH is in compliance with state and federal regulations and other duties assigned within the Technical Services Department at Universal Studios Hollywood (“USH”).
- Include routine servicing, in addition to major functional repair/maintenance.
- Perform work as outlined on repair work orders with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with department standards.
- Teardown and inspect for additional or hidden repairs.
- Advise body shop Foreman of additional damage or supplemental needs or if repairs will not be completed on time.
- Road test vehicles to ensure quality repair.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians.
- Keep shop area neat and clean.
- Wear eye, ear and back protection when appropriate.
- Understand and follow Federal, State and Local regulations, such as those governing the storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Electrical: Repairs or replaces fuses, batteries, lights, instruments, warning devices, controls and switches, computer controls, modules, alternators, starters, and defective cables and wiring. This will include 12 and 24-volt systems found on military equipment.
- Exhaust and Emissions Control: Replaces mufflers, manifolds, catalytic converters, turbochargers, blowers, and pipes.
- Heating and Air Conditioning: Repairs or replaces heater cores, condensers, compressors, hoses, and controls; recharges air conditioning systems.
- Hydraulic: Repairs or replaces pumps, hoses, valves, winches and cylinders.
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of motor vehicles and engines.
- Knowledge of safety issues in the use of tools, equipment, and supplies used in repair of motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of body and frame construction.
- Skill in the use of a variety of hand tools.
- Skill in the use of gas and electric welding equipment.
- Skill in the use of mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists.
- Skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Ability to read manuals and schematics. Ability to rebuild engines and major driveline components.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of maintenance, installation, inspection and/or repair of buildings, structures and grounds owned and operated by Universal Studios Hollywood and throughout the park and other duties assigned within the Maintenance department.
•Completes routine maintenance of buildings and structures throughout the park
•Maintains USH buildings and specific work orders including but not limited to: masonry, tile, pavers, and wood work.
•Response to maintenance and plumbing calls throughout the park
•Completes shop work on special projects as directed
•Installs materials and equipment in new construction and remodels
•Completes framing and drywall, wood and metal studwork, floor work including tile and laminate, and trim work including various moldings, turnings, and laminate application.
•Completes Dry-Vit repairs, including EFIS building systems, as well as repairs and finishing to various walk and road ways
•Installs and repairs interior walls, floor tiles and coverings made of various materials.
•Relocates, sets up and tears down materials, displays, equipment, etc.
•Adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures within Technical Services and USH at large.
•Promotes and provides extraordinary guest service for both internal and external guests; answer questions,offer information, and provide assistance in a courteous manner.
•Understands and demonstrates the proper use of safety practices and ensures department standards are maintained and safety policies for the Park upheld.
•Performs other duties as assigned
•Must be 18 years of age or older
•3-5 years experience in general carpentry and construction including framing, drywall, trim work, masonry, and tile experience required. Three to five years commercial roofing experience required; or equivalent combinationof education and experience.
•Must be able to perform set up and operation of the table saw, radial saw, band saw, planer, forklift, high-reach,Bobcat, JCB/Lull, backhoe, concrete saw, and jack hammer.
•Knowledge of applicable code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools,machinery, and equipment
•Ability & willingness to work a variety of schedules, overtime, nights, weekends and holidays with short notice
•Ability and willingness to respond to incidents in locations requiring climbing, fall-protection, and other non-traditional work-environments.
•Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written on a technical level
•Must have the ability to motivate employees and work independently and as part of a team.
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
• 3-5 years technical and trade experience
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of inventory software, i.e. Maximo
• Ability to contribute to system improvement process
• Theme Park Operations knowledge
• Some jobs require an employee to be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
• Some jobs require an employee to be exposed to hazardous work environments.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures relative to the various systems
• Exposure to weather, noise, and hazardous materials
• Required to work in confined spaces
• Required to work at heights
• The job duties require an employee to move heavy objects.
• The job duties require an employee to traverse rough terrain.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull heavy materials and objects up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
Work Facts of Universal Studios
Universal Studios Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Ticket Sales, Food and Beverage Associate, Maintenance, Groudskeeper, Ride Operator
Universal Studios Printable Application Form
You can download Universal Studios printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Universal Studios Jobs: Official Site.