Universal Protection Service Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Universal Protection Service receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Universal Protection Service can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Universal Protection Service is a private security company in the United States. Universal Protection Service was founded in 1965. It was started out as a janitorial company, expanding into security by 1969.
Universal Protection Service Job Opportunities & Application Process
Universal Protection Service receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Universal Protection Service, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Client Manager: Allied Universal is currently seeking a Client Manager to lead a business segment in a designated region. The primary role of the Client Manager is to enhance client experiences, build long term meaningful client relationships and engage with employees that deliver our services in the field. The individual will meet or exceed operational goals by providing high-quality, professional, competent and committed service and an outstanding client and employee experience.
- Set the direction, tone, and client-specific plan for achieving agreed-upon service levels and meeting actionable expectations for delivering measurable results
- Focus on hiring, development, and retention of appropriate security officers and Operations Managers and Field Supervisors overseeing remote managed business
- Communicate high service level expectations consistently to the team to ensure client and employee satisfaction and retention
- Engage regularly with clients to share his/her expertise to enhance the value of Allied Universal’s offering
- Assist in coordinating the day-to-day team effort of Operations Managers and other assigned personnel to ensure that services are delivered in a quality and cost effective manner.
- Manage the delivery of services through subordinate team and fill in for them and the District Manager in their absence or as requested or required.
- Work with assigned personnel to ensure that all contractually scheduled hours are met with a minimum of unbilled overtime
- Work with assigned personnel to ensure that all contractually scheduled hours are met with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Coach, counsel, and develop assigned personnel to assist with their opportunity for advancement/promotability
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Invoice Aging by Tiers, Training Summary and Training Detail reports) that require interpretation and action for effective business management
Security Services Operations Manager: Allied Universal is currently hiring an Operations Manager that is responsible for staffing, scheduling and processing payroll for all Security Professionals within assigned client sites in the Division or Branch for which the Operations Manager is responsible. Maintains regular communications with Security Professionals, resolving issues regarding pay, morale or complaints. Manages overtime by effective scheduling and making timely, qualified hiring decisions. Takes prompt action to when complaints are received regarding employee performance or conduct, administers disciplinary and coaching actions, and initiates and executes routine termination actions. Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interviews and hires qualified applicants to fill open post positions in a proactive and timely manner, following company interviewing guidelines. Also regularly evaluates low-performing employees for replacement, upgrade or transfer;
- Makes initial/conditional job offers (for new employees) and job transfers (for existing employees) using company forms and procedures, offering rates, schedules and benefits in alignment with post contract requirements. Maintains and publishes weekly Open Post List and actively manages job openings within division/branch;
- Creates, modifies and manages post schedules in Winteam to ensure adequate coverage at all times. Ensures schedules are properly maintained in WinTeam and are updated regularly;
- Ensures all positions are staffed according to contract requirements and effectively manages branch overtime through proper scheduling and staffing. Maintains a qualified, sufficient pool of rovers for backfill of vacant positions as needed;
Work Facts of Universal Protection Service
Universal Protection Service Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Security Services Operations Manager, Client Manager
Universal Protection Service Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Universal Protection Service to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Universal Protection Service Jobs: Official Site.