United States Steel Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, United States Steel receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at United States Steel can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
United States Steel Corporation, more commonly known as U.S. Steel, is an American integrated steel producer headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with production operations in the United States, Canada, and Central Europe. As of 2016, the company was the world’s 24th largest steel producer and second largest domestic producer, trailing only Nucor Corporation.
U. S. Steel is recognized as an industry leader in the production of high value-added steel sheet and tubular products that are highly sought after by manufacturers in the automotive, appliance, construction, container, and oil and gas industries. The work performed by our company’s Research organization has been a key factor in our success and is a foundation for our future.
United States Steel Job Opportunities & Application Process
United States Steel receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in United States Steel, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Quality Assurance Engineer: reviewing customer specifications, providing metallurgical technical support to operations management, identifying process changes for quality improvements and analysis of process and product data. Quality Engineers also perform quality audits and manage the quality system. Familiarity with ISO 9001 and API Q1 quality system requirements is a plus. Provide the producing facility with technical and quality systems support, including rejection analysis, and process improvement recommendations. Apply education/technical experience and utilize problem solving and continuous improvement skills. Provide technical service to internal customers in physical and metallurgical characteristics of process and products and quality control. Develop and review various quality reports, conduct various quality meetings, perform daily audits to ensure operation is running within defined operation/quality parameters and procedures. Requirements: Technical degree required in metallurgical engineering, material science, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering. Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science preferred. Two years experience in steel or heavy industrial manufacturing. Skills in developing collaborative relationships to achieve results, analysis, continuous improvement and verbal and written technical communication. Level and compensation based on experience.
Application Analyst: U. S. Steel has an immediate opening for an Applications Analyst on the Record to Report Team within the Global Business Processes organization of the Business Service Center (BSC). The Record to Report team supports the accounting and financial applications. The position is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Techno/Functional improvements for the Financial and Process Manufacturing modules within Oracle R12
• Work with business users to define requirements and translate into functional design of Oracle add-ons
• Design and implement solutions to improve existing processes and enable business initiatives
• Interact with multiple internal teams to deliver enhancements and ensure business continuity
• Manage multiple parallel assignments and participate in the development lifecycle including planning, designing, estimating, and implementing
• B.S. in Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting or related discipline
• 1+ years of work experience in an IT or business analyst role supporting an ERP or financial system
• Ability to write intermediate to complex database queries
• Understanding of manufactured inventory or the metals industry
• Ability to work in collaborative and individual environments with minimal supervision
• Strong critical thinking skills to generate solutions and engage in root cause analysis
Process Coordinator: This position reports directly to the Division Manager – Mine Operations and Maintenance at the Minntac facility in Mountain Iron, MN. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all activities in the Mine Engineering Department, including the supervision of a team of Mine Engineers, Surveyors, and Mine Analysts. The responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
• Administering U. S. Steel’s safety program and initiatives for the department ensuring management’s commitment and ensuring a safe work environment.
• Forecasting and budgeting for departmental costs and royalty payments and associated coordination with Accounting and Materials Management/Procurement departments.
• Coordinating geologic modeling, mine modeling, reserve estimation, ultimate pit design, phasing, and annual and monthly scheduling (Monthly and Annual Planning).
• Coordinating with Mine Operations, Maintenance, Drill & Blast, and Labor departments on pit activities and schedules as determined by and with input from Mine Engineers (Daily and Weekly Planning).
• Managing accurate tracking and reporting of daily and monthly production volumes and tonnages.
• Coordinating with Environmental Department on required compliance, reporting, sampling, and mitigation.
• Coordinating with Plant Departments on ore forecast and ore control feedback.
• Coordinating with leaseholders on forecasts, schedules, activities, and agreements.
• Coordinating with government agencies on regulations, annual reporting, site visits, and associate permitting.
• Coordinating with Real Estate department on land matters and lease agreements.
• Assessing, managing, and assigning opportunities for improvement as part of U. S. Steel’s Carnegie Way initiative.
• Communicating of long term mine plans and associated strategic discussions.
• Supporting and driving daily operational mine support responsibilities, including mine geology, surveying, mine de-watering, and electric power (trailing cables and substations).
Work Facts of United States Steel
United States Steel Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Application Analyst, Process Coordinator, Quality Assurance Engineer
United States Steel Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest United States Steel to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply United States Steel Jobs: Official Site.