Union Pacific Railroad Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Union Pacific Railroad receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Union Pacific Railroad can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
When you join Union Pacific, you will play a direct role in where America’s going. Your talents, ambition and skills can impact every sector of almost any industry in the nation. From small businesses to sports arenas—you name it you can help build it. This is where your career will be supported by the finest resources, training and technology, backed by more than 150 years of know-how.
What will you build with Union Pacific? That’s up to you. We’ll give you support, resources, benefits and an environment where you direct your own career path. And you will do it all with a company that fuels the success of every industry in the country.
At Union Pacific, our benefits are far from basic. We’re proud to offer all of our employees a robust choice of benefits – ranging from gym memberships to health coverage, from discounts on cars and computers to 401(k) savings plans.
Specific benefits will depend on your location and position*. But, every full-time Union Pacific employee has access to medical and retirement benefits, as well as programs that enhance your work and home life.
* Our union benefits are determined by collective bargaining agreements.
We have your health and wealth back:
- Health and Wellness
- Retirement and Financial Planning
- Life and Family
- Wellness Programs
- Other Benefits
Union Pacific Railroad Job Opportunities & Application Process
Union Pacific Railroad receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Union Pacific Railroad, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
- Assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of various railroad signals and grade crossing warning devices.
- Inspect and test signal circuitry, equipment, and systems for problems and defects.
- Assist and help direct the work of others.
- Work with information in print or on a computer.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate with others.
- Build and dismantle signal crossing warning device equipment.
- Maintain, repair, and replace signal communication circuitry, systems, and components.
- Work with machines, tools, vehicles, and equipment.
- Operate company vehicles and drive throughout geographic territory.
- Plan, organize, and track information and activities.
- Construct and install.
- Troubleshoot and fix malfunctions.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Computer literate and have basic keyboarding skills
- Able and willing to understand and apply safety rules, practice safe work habits, identify safety risks, and avoid potentially risky behaviors and situations
- Applicants must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions into decimals and decimals into fractions to solve practical problems. In addition, applicants must be able to extract relevant information from tables, charts, graphs, and text.
- Applicants must have the ability to understand and apply basic mechanical principles to solve mechanical problems.
- Applicants must have the ability to communicate and work well both independently and with others.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Applicants must have the ability to effectively and accurately understand, interpret, reference, evaluate, organize, and record non-technical and technical information.
- Applicants receiving a conditional job offer must be able to pass a color vision assessment to ensure that they are able to perform the essential functions of the job by adequately discerning different colors.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Work at various heights. typically over 20 feet or more.
- Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment test in English before being allowed to interview. The number of candidates who pass the test and will be granted an interview is based upon hiring needs. If you have taken this test and failed within the last six months, you will not be eligible to apply for this position. Click here to see a sample of the Skilled Craft Battery test.
- Applicants must qualify on a Physical Ability Test (PAT) prior to employment. Click here for a description of the Physical Abilities Test
- Previous construction experience and/or experience operating construction equipment.
- A certificate in electricity or electronics or equivalent education.
- Electronic/electrical background or education.
- Previous railroad experience in signaling.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Work Facts of Union Pacific Railroad
Union Pacific Railroad Working Hours
- Customer Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Applications Engineer, Diesel Electrician, Diesel Mechanic, Freight Car Repair Technician, Bridge and Building Carpenter, Bridge and Building Electrician, Claims Representative, Material Handler, Train Crew Member, Track Laborer, Work Equipment Mechanic, Installation Technician
Union Pacific Railroad Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Union Pacific Railroad to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Union Pacific Railroad Jobs: Official Site.