Union Pacific Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Union Pacific receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Union Pacific can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Union Pacific is proud of the partnerships it shares with the 7,300 communities it serves throughout the western two-thirds of the United States. It’s a tradition that began more than 150 years ago, and that will continue tomorrow and beyond.
At Union Pacific, our benefits are far from basic. We’re proud to offer all of our employees a robust choice of benefits – ranging from gym memberships to health coverage, from discounts on cars and computers to 401(k) savings plans.
Specific benefits will depend on your location and position*. But, every full-time Union Pacific employee has access to medical and retirement benefits, as well as programs that enhance your work and home life.
- Health and Wellness
- Retirement and Financial Planning
- Life and Family
- Wellness Programs
- Other Benefits
Union Pacific Job Opportunities & Application Process
Union Pacific receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Union Pacific, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Electrician – Diesel Engines
- Perform, with use of blueprints, schematics and location circuit plans, scheduled electrical inspections of various components and inspection and test of circuitry in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Perform maintenance and repair of electrical components in locomotive cabs or electrical compartments and perform maintenance for miscellaneous equipment using blueprints, schematics, and location circuit plans.
- Work with shop machines and tools.
- Plan and coordinate work activities, determine equipment needs, and develop sequences of steps to get work completed.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Detect and interpret visual color signals and displays at near and far distances, identify alterations of objects (size, shape, temperature), detect unusual sounds and smells during inspections and tests (leaks in air systems), use depth perception to judge speed and distance of locomotives being moved on service area, and listen to detect warning signals.
- Ensure that all signals, lights, and other safety appliances used by employees for protection are properly displayed and used.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment test in English before being allowed to interview. If you have taken the Skilled Craft Battery Test for this position and failed within the last six months, you will not be eligible to apply for this posting. The number of candidates who pass the test and are invited to interview will be based upon hiring needs.
- Provide verifiable documentation of a minimum of 4 years of combined electrical education and work experience in electronics, control systems, AC/DC motors, OR 4 years of electrical work experience, OR a current journeyman’s electrical card.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Applicants must qualify on a Physical Ability Test (PAT) prior to employment.
- Associates Degree or higher in electronics, control systems, AC/DC motors, or electrical components
Work Facts of Union Pacific
Union Pacific Working Hours
- Train Crew, Electrician, Crew Dispatcher, Assistant Signal Person, Work Equipment Mechanic – Field, Apprentice Freight Car Repair, Sheet Metal Worker, Operations Coordinator, Quality Engineer
Union Pacific Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Union Pacific to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Union Pacific Jobs: Official Site