UC Riverside Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, UC Riverside receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at UC Riverside can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Located on nearly 1,200 scenic acres in Inland Southern California and distinguished by more than 60 years of high-impact research, UCR is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities. One of the most diverse, inclusive institutions within the prestigious 10 campus University of California system, UCR serves as an incubator of new knowledge, an engine of social mobility, and an economic powerhouse.
UCR’s three colleges offer a wide range of academic and research subjects: The Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering, with nine departments; The College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, with 20 departments; and the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, with 13 departments. We are home to four professional schools: School of Business, Graduate School of Education, School of Medicine, and School of Public Policy, as well as 23 interdisciplinary research centers.
UC Riverside Job Opportunities & Application Process
UC Riverside receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in UC Riverside, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Sr. Custodian: The Sr. Custodian performs a variety of custodial/housekeeping tasks to care, maintain and preserve campus facilities. Responsible to clean, dust, strip, wax, sweep, mop, polish, disinfect, sanitize, wash, vacuum, replenish restrooms, and remove refuse/recycling throughout campus facilities, not limited to but including offices, classrooms, laboratories, auditoriums, restrooms, lounges, hallways, residential facilities, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, exteriors, etc. May work independently or as a part of a team in assigned work areas. Facilities Services is one of the largest departments at UC Riverside employing nearly 400 career employees. Facilities Services provides exceptional service in maintaining an environment conducive of teaching, learning, living, working and research for the entire campus community. The department maintains buildings, facilities and landscape totaling over 6 million square feet across 1,350 acres of campus. We are a team of service oriented professionals focused on exceptional client engagement, continuous improvement and development opportunities. **UC Riverside career employees who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of internal candidates is not identified, qualified external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department.** This posting is for multiple openings with various shifts available with an emphasis on Floor Care Maintenance.
The WFA Supervisor receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to staff according to established policies and management guidance. Administers policies that directly affect subordinate staff. Recommends changes to department policies, procedures and practices. Identifies risks and responds accordingly. Provide priority setting and ensures proper controls are implemented with day-to-day activities of a section of a unit.. Supervises support staff in medium to large unit; with complex and broad responsibility processing personnel transactions and/or administering related policies and procedures.
50% – WFA FUNCTIONAL SUPERVISON
- Responsible for the direct supervision and guidance to professional WFA staff members in the development, implementation and maintenance of workforce administration operations
- Leads the development and monitoring of policies and procedures for department and department operations
- Implements changes to ensure continuous process improvement; maintains measurements of effectiveness on current processes against benchmark metrics
- Facilitates discussion among location HR, UC Office of the President, and UCPath Center regarding recommended changes to HR programs that have administration implications
- Ensures the centralization and maintenance of official employee records as well as mandated documents as required by federal and state legislation
- Manages subordinates work schedules and assignment of appropriate tasks. Trains and instructs staff to perform assigned tasks
- Analyzes existing business processes, identifying inefficiencies, enhance and quality control standards and implement standardization
- Develops and implements work schedules and appropriate assignments
- Leads the development and monitoring operational and budget processes, staffing,resources management and space planning
- Makes final determinations when hiring of new employees, salary actions, terminations, and performance ratings
- Creates new processes, utilizing industry best practices in order to achieve consistency and standardization
- Responsibility of resolution for highly complex and escalated Workforce Administration, Unemployment Insurance and Leave of Absence issues and disputes
- Functions as a subject matter expert to WFA manager on matters pertaining to issue resolution, module configuration and discrepancies in routine personnel transactions and procedures
Access Services Assistant
Under the general supervision of the Head of Collection Maintenance, the incumbent in this position is responsible for maintaining the workflow for the Google Books and Federal Document archive projects. This includes monitoring student hours and work to ensure items are correctly prepared for the monthly shipments, create or update item records and add bar codes as needed, sear for items students could not locate, and update and maintain all spreadsheets, lists and documentation related to the projects. The incumbent performs work independently and uses paraprofessional and advanced operational and technical skills involving a general knowledge of library practices and procedures. The incumbent also assists in training, scheduling and evaluating student assistants; assists in directing student assistants in maintaining an efficient workflow for the Collection Maintenance Unit.
Must be able to work M-F 9 am-6 pm (or 9:30 am-6 pm). Must be able to work flexible hours for staffing in backup situations – days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This position is not an ongoing position, in that it is established and funded for 18 months or less due to funding.
Work Facts of UC Riverside
UC Riverside Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Access Services Assistant, HR Supervisor, Sr. Custodian
UC Riverside Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest UC Riverside to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply UC Riverside Jobs: Official Site.