Tractor Supply Co Job Application Online
Tractor Supply Co wants to grow up with the employees they will get for different departments. Candidates who want to work at Tractor Supply Co can apply online or communicate directly with human resources.
You must submit your job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at Tractor Supply Co. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a Tractor Supply Co job.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) is an American retail chain of stores that offers products for home improvement, agriculture, lawn and garden maintenance, and livestock, equine and pet care. It is a leading U.S. retailer in its market. Founded as a mail order tractor parts business in 1938, the first Tractor Supply Co. retail store was founded in 1939 in Minot, North Dakota. From 1998 to 2002, George Strait was the spokesman for Tractor Supply Company. TSC is headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville.
Tractor Supply Co Job Opportunities & Application Process
Tractor Supply Co is applying for open positions almost every season: it does not require much qualification for some positions, but in many positions experience and quality are at the forefront. Even though the completion level of the graduation is not expected at the entry level, there is a expectation of graduation for higher-level positions requiring proficiency.
If you meet these requirements, you should apply to the relevant position and wait for the result of the application.
This position is responsible for supporting the buyer in all aspects of developing, communicating and executing the strategic business plans for the assigned category.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the achievement of budgeted financial metrics, such as Sales, GM$, GM%, Turn, and Vendor Support/Rebate dollars.
- Works with the Buyer to manage, execute and communicate the line review process.
- Supports the Buyer with product analysis and item selections for all events, promotions, power panels, endcaps, clipstrips, and two-tier baskets – Fully responsible for meeting deadlines, communication and executing the above listed responsibilities.
- Maintains the financials and day to day management of 3 to 6 categories or more.
Customer Solutions Team Member
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and sales support for stores, in-store customers, and online customers resolving all customer service issues to satisfactory resolution. This includes addressing questions related to store policy/procedure/operation, online order status, merchandise features & use, and uncovering customer needs to facilitate online customer upsell. The team member engages every Tractor Supply Company customer via phone, email, website, mail, social media, or other communication venues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer, log, and resolve all customer comments, inquiries, and concerns.
- Complete online sales, upsell, and resolve all online order issues/inquiries with customers calling into the Solutions Center.
- Follows through with any research or additional contact to ensure customer complaint or query is resolved.
- Partners with the Store or District Manager to ensure resolution to customer comments as needed.
- Provides product information and project information for how-to customers, which could include recommending products to purchase and/or their effective use.
- Professionally represents Tractor Supply Company and the Brand in each and every customer engagement.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
Must be at least 18 years of age.
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and resets)
- Assemble merchandisePerform janitorial duties
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Operate Forklift
- Operate Cardboard Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):
The Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
Work Facts of Tractor Supply Co
Tractor Supply Co Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Team Member, Sales Associate, Cashier, Receiver, Team Leader, Material Handler, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Distribution Center Worker
Tractor Supply Co Printable Application Form
You can download Tractor Supply Co printable job application form from the bottom of the page to your device. You must read the job application form carefully and complete the job application. Please note that some companies cannot find the job application form online.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Tractor Supply Co Jobs: Official Site.