The University of Texas Medical Branch Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, The University of Texas Medical Branch receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at The University of Texas Medical Branch can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
About UTMB Health
The University of Texas Medical Branch
For 125 years, UTMB has stood with Texas—training the health care workforce; helping make the state a leader in advancing the understanding and treatment of illness and injury; serving as a major provider of health care for Texans and their families; and innovating the future of how care is delivered.
UTMB opened in 1891 as the nation’s first public medical school and hospital under unified leadership—already a pioneer. What began as one hospital and medical school building in Galveston is now a major academic health sciences center of global influence, with medical, nursing, health professions and graduate biomedical schools; a world-renowned research enterprise; and a growing, comprehensive health system with hospitals on three campuses and a network of clinics. Today, UTMB has a $3.3 billion annual statewide economic impact, in terms of business volume, personal income and durable goods purchases. More than 42,000 jobs in Texas are directly or indirectly attributed to UTMB.
The University of Texas Medical Branch Job Opportunities & Application Process
The University of Texas Medical Branch receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in The University of Texas Medical Branch , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Assistant to the Chair
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field years and 4 years related experience.
Salary Range **
Commensurate with experience
This position is in the pay band code: CS21.
Specific Job Related Duties **
Serves as an extension of the Chair in an academic department and has delegated authority to perform professional level programmatic or administrative functions. Provides a broad range of administrative services to support the goals of the chair, department and the overall mission of the institution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes, with minimal direction, administrative duties, including managing time-critical, sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Manages the chair’s calendar, schedule and travel needs, while preserving time on the calendar for strategic planning, as needed.
- Serves as staff and resource person. Acts as liaison with internal and external groups/offices/constituents.
- Coordinates daily operations of office and/or department.
- Manages administrative services which may include a percentage of time spent performing duties such as developing meeting agendas and taking meeting minutes, tracking, monitoring and following the progress of projects, typing/proofreading correspondence, preparing expenses reports, revising the Chair’s schedule and calendar, and planning organizational events and meetings. Duties may also include facilitating faculty and staff recruitment including building itineraries, making travel accommodations, and escorting guests around campus.
- Helps coordinate department events, as directed, by securing space, equipment, food, preparing invitations, announcements, and agendas, making travel arrangements and reservations and assisting with the event when it occurs.
- Compiles, collects and prepares data, statistics and other information and materials for meetings, lectures, etc.
- Advises the Chair on policy, procedural and operational issues for the department and institution.
- Manages routine administrative tasks for the department, as assigned. Examples may include: timekeeping, ordering supplies, processing invoices, filing reports, managing special projects, etc.
- Interprets and executes rules, regulations and policies, as applicable, and adheres to internal controls established by department.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other leaders and staff members to create a high-functioning team that sets and achieves goals.
- May participate in budget planning and development activities.
- Supports the department by performing all other duties as assigned by the chair.
- Works to ensure that deadlines are met and that the executive has a weekly and future looking prospective view of upcoming deadlines and requests.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule **
Monday through Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm
There may be occasions where the employee will need to arrive early or stay late to attend meetings or department functions.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Preferred Work Experience **
Prefer three to five years of experience in an administrative office support position in a professional setting.
Hospital or clinical administrative support is a plus.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Work Facts of The University of Texas Medical Branch
The University of Texas Medical Branch Working Hours
- Assistant to the Chair – Department of Ophthalmology, Vascular Technologist – ADC ECHO/Vascular Ultrasound PBL/PRN, Social Worker MSW – Community Health Network (CHN) Galveston, Non-Cert Ophthalmic Assistant – Ophthalmology Clinic – Galveston/Friendswood/League City/Texas City, Associate Medical Director, Hospital Galveston – TDCJ Hospital Administration
The University of Texas Medical Branch Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest The University of Texas Medical Branch to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply The University of Texas Medical Branch Jobs: Official Site.