The J. M. Smucker Company Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, The J. M. Smucker Company receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at The J. M. Smucker Company can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Our employees are passionate about preserving and strengthening our unique culture where every employee is proud to work and makes a difference.
Ours is a simple but effective management approach that has stood the test of time, weathered complex business environments, and evolved with our business through the years.
This management approach is rooted in our People Basic Belief. We firmly believe that:
- Every employee makes a difference.
- An inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
- Highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services.
- Highest business ethics require the highest personal ethics.
- Responsible people produce exceptional results.
Our culture is sustained and brought to life every day by the people of Smucker.
The J. M. Smucker Company Job Opportunities & Application Process
The J. M. Smucker Company receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in The J. M. Smucker Company, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Quality Assurance Lab Technician
This position is responsible for working both independently and in a team environment to ensure quality standards are maintained throughout the process of producing pet food while ensuring adherence to product standards, processing controls and finished product specifications. This position will be required to rotate shifts, work up to 12 hours a day and 7 days a week. A degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Animal Science, Food Science or the equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Review, follow, and write Job Safety Analysis’s, and safe practices for the area.
- Proper monitoring, documentation and sample collection to meet all Quality Checks done in the area.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time (up to 12 hours a day).
- Walking up and down stairs.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs to a height of 5 feet off the floor, multiple times a day.
- Good communication skills.
- Work rotating shifts.
- Be able to work overtime as area needs require (up to 12 hour shifts and weekends as scheduled).
- Perform preventative maintenance in area. Some on shift and some on weekends.
- Write and complete work orders for area.
- Adherence to all Safety, GMP, Sanitation, Quality and Team rules and procedures.
- Desire to work in a Team Based Environment.
- Be disciplined enough to work independently when the situation calls for it and stay on task.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be able to multi-task—complete multiple samples or tasks at one time, in a very fast paced environment.
- Be able to learn or know laboratory terminology and techniques.
- Be able to prepare samples, standards, and solutions accurately.
- Be able to use, understand and maintain the following (laboratory) equipment: GC, HPLC, NIR, pH meter, protein analyzer, ovens, scales, grinders, blenders, 2-way radio & Dishwasher.
- Rotate job responsibilities: Quality Auditor, Runner to get Samples, Shooter performing wet chemistry.
- Restocking of chemicals, supplies and glassware.
- Be able to keep the area clean and organized at all times.
- Issue Quality Holds for Non-Conforming product.
- Understand basic factory operations to produce pet food.
- Trouble shooting skills
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and rules
- Willingness to work overtime
- Proper Lifting Techniques
- Rotate Shifts
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while staying calm, collected and focused on the tasks at hand.
- Ability to work mechanically on laboratory equipment.
Work Facts of The J. M. Smucker Company
The J. M. Smucker Company Working Hours
- Quality Assurance Lab Technician, Shipping Coordinator, Developer, Warehouse Operator Level 1, Analyst, Senior Manager, Senior Coordinator (Transportation), Manager (Innovation – Smucker Natural Foods)
The J. M. Smucker Company Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest The J. M. Smucker Company to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply The J. M. Smucker Company Jobs: Official Site.