The Hartford Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, The Hartford receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at The Hartford can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Where Passion Meets Purpose
Looking for a job where you can apply your talents to meaningful work? Do you like being surrounded and supported by people with a passion like yours? Want to work for a company on a mission to help individuals and businesses prevail? Welcome to The Hartford.
We are an industry leading provider of property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, trust and integrity.
Diversity fuels our success. Our employees are respected as a source of unique perspectives, ideas and solutions. We relentlessly pursue excellence, celebrate the achievements that come from it, and support each other every step of the way.
Complete your profile and receive regular updates on new job openings that may interest you.
Where do you see your potential?
The Hartford Job Opportunities & Application Process
The Hartford receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in The Hartford, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Sr Data Engineer
Ready to grow your career leveraging the latest DATA technologies?
Join a fast-paced and talented Agile Scrum team to unlock Data Capabilities for The Hartford’s Enterprise Data organization in IT to support Commercial Line of Business initiatives. You will have an opportunity to participate in the entire software development lifecycle process in support of continuous DATA delivery, while growing your knowledge with emerging technologies. We use the latest DATA technologies, software engineering practices, Agile delivery framework, and are passionate about technology and building well architected and innovative solutions that drive optimal business value generation.
This cutting edge and forward focused team presents the opportunity for collaboration, self-organization within the Scrum Team and visibility as we focus on continuous Business data delivery.
What’s in it for you?
- Experience deeper understanding of Data analytics, Emerging technologies and Development practices
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders engagement
- Further develop your data engineering skills using tools such as Informatica, PL/SQL, Hadoop, etc. to build data assets that enable business value generation
- Appreciation and opportunity to learn and support rapid software construction and deployment using DevOps and Cloud based future technologies
- Enable and influence the timely and successful delivery of business data capabilities and/or technology objectives
- Act as a technical leader and mentor colleagues with less experience
- Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities
- Experience working in a fast paced environment – driving business outcomes in Agile ways of working
- Enhance your entrepreneurial mindset – network opportunity and influencing outcomes
- Supporting environment that fosters can-do attitude and opportunity for growth and advancement based on consistent demonstrative performance
- Optimize business value by leveraging your DATA experience and depth
- Be part of a Scrum Team – driving work independently or collaboratively towards achieving business outcomes
What is The Hartford looking for?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 5-7 years of applicable work experience with respect to Data Engineering, Analysis, Data Integration, technical development and Solution delivery
- Desired educational experience include, but are not limited to: Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, and Business
- Proficient in PL/SQL, building SQL queries and databases like Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience of at least 3 years using major ETL tools like Informatica
- Solid understanding of the data usage within Business Intelligence reporting tools (like Microstrategy or Tableau) is desirable
- 1-3 years of experience in the insurance or investment industry is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of end-to-end Data Warehousing architecture (i.e. Kimball/Dimensional modeling techniques, HADOOP architecture and ETL best practices), knowledge of ETL process across various tools
- Practice with Big Data technologies and concepts on a Hadoop platform (e.g. Scoop, Hive, Pig, NoSQL, etc…) and willing/adapting to future technologies
- Technical leadership with respect to design, implementation and overseeing complex technical processes
- Strong technical leadership in supervising, planning and delivering highly complex projects, consisting of a large number of deliverables, and complex dependencies
- Clear and concise communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a skilled technical staff
- Solid technical leadership skills, ability to multitask and execute projects in a cross-functional environment
- Solid delivery experience – full lifecycle from conception to successful implementation
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies
- Familiarity with emerging data centric technologies such as data virtualization and utilization of data wrangling technologies
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Work Facts of The Hartford
The Hartford Working Hours
- Small Commercial Senior Sales Rep-Denver, Call Center Customer Relationship Specialist – Windsor, Associate Claim Representative – Workers’ Compensation, Sr Data Engineer
The Hartford Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest The Hartford to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply The Hartford Jobs: Official Site.