Teach for America Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Teach for America receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Teach for America can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
LIFE AT TEACH FOR AMERICA
You may have heard the working culture at Teach For America is unique. Our staff can tell you why. We’re a group of unusually passionate people who have countless colleagues that we call friends.
We’re proud to have been recognized by a handful of organizations as an exceptional place to work, including Great Place to Work 2017.
Learn about our commitment to leadership development and why our core values guide and ground everything we do. Imagine your life at Teach For America.
As a partner of Employers of National Service, we welcome candidates from AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, City Year, and other volunteer programs.
Teach for America Job Opportunities & Application Process
Teach for America receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Teach for America, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Vice President, Corps Member Leadership
This person will be fired up about leading on the following responsibilities.
Set Vision and direction for corps member work (20%)
- Create a bold, clear, inspiring, and ambitious vision for our corps member program work aligned to our regional vision, strategic plan, and milestones for the corps member experience and drive execution of that vision across our corps facing teams and internal and external stakeholders. Conduct and annual review of (or develop, depending on the year) strategies for our corps-facing teams, with outcomes/goals and benchmarks to achieve this vision and an aligned budget and staffing model
- In partnership with the Managing Director, Partnerships & Onboarding, ensure our school placement vision, strategy and hiring process maximizes our region’s ability to impact educational equity and set our corps members up for long-term impact
- In partnership with the Managing Director, Summer Training, ensure our summer training (our pre-service training for incoming corps members) model, staffing structure and program maximize member and staff experience and lead to self-reflective, ready-for-day-one teacher leaders
- In partnership with the Managing Directors, Corps Member Experience, set goals, research, and evolve comprehensive student and teacher outcomes measurements in three main domains: academic growth, personal growth, and culturally responsive teaching. Additionally, set goals and strategy around corps member learning and leadership.
- In partnership with the SMD, Alumni Leadership, set vision and co-design the transition into alumnihood of corps members so their personal theories of change and potential for long-term impact are maximized.
Team Leadership and Management (55%)
- Hire, train, coach and manage a diverse team of staff members through layers to meet their goals, using culturally conscious and anti-racist management practices
- Develop career pathways, staffing models and a budget that maximize staff talent, impact on corps members, and diversity, equity and inclusiveness-minded practices
- Create an inspiring and inclusive team culture grounded in the core values, our regional commitments, and culturally conscious and inclusive decision making practices
- In partnership with direct reports, conduct outcomes, causes, and solutions analysis for all corps member facing outcomes to track progress, shift strategy when needed, and manage/communicate progress to goal
- Collaborate with staff members across regional teams, including aligning and supporting the work of our External Affairs and internal Strategy, Talent and Operations teams and serving on the Regional Leadership Team
Build Catalytic Partnerships, Relationships, and Networks (15%)
- Build relationships and alliances with leaders in the Chicago-Northwest Indiana education reform community, including our school, district, and charter partners, university partners, and other community leaders and organizations.
- Develop relationships with corps members via 1:1 or small group experiences to better understand their experience and via leading and/or managing large-scale corps-facing milestones/experiences, including facilitation, that build member culture/connectivity, support corps members, and drive culture
Collective Responsibility Regional Projects (10% of time)
- Fulfill foundational responsibilities that allow our region to do our work, make decisions, grow as professionals, and strengthen our team culture, including but not limited to attending regional meetings, operating with our Core Values and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness, completing our performance management cycle, and upholding our data management and fiscal responsibilities
- Make a direct impact on the organizational mission of enlisting, developing and mobilizing leaders to strengthen the movement for educational equity by participating in selection (6-10 days total plus preparation and close out time), matriculation (up to six windows across the year), regional recruitment activity, member facing events (including Leadership Summits and Summer Training), our alumni giving campaign, alumni survey and other initiatives that impact our members and partners
The Must Haves
- 8+ years of work experience preferred
- Instructional background and experience as a teacher preferred
- Experience managing and coaching adults required, and preferably through layers
- Some evenings and weekend work required
- Ability to travel locally to various school sites frequently during work hours
- Setting vision and direction: Ability to set, evolve and inspire others around a high level vision and direction and support teammates to align all projects to that high level vision
- Managing Team Execution: Ability to manage team execution toward high-quality results taking a high level strategy, breaking it down into manageable projects, and structuring and delegating projects in a way that invests and leverages the strengths of a team
- Building Relationships and Networks: Ability to build strong relationships with others within and outside of the organization and to strengthen relationships in moments of challenge
- Content expertise: Understands adult learning principles and designs coaching, development and learning around them
- Cultural leadership: Model of our Teach For America Core Values, demonstrate passion and commitment to our vision of educational equity for all children, and rely on culturally conscious and anti-racist leadership and management practices and decision-making processes in day-to-day practice.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Work Facts of Teach for America
Teach for America Working Hours
- Vice President, Corps Member Leadership, Managing Director, Director, Teacher Leadership Community, Coordinator, Operations Director
Teach for America Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Teach for America to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Teach for America Jobs: Official Site.