Talbots Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Talbots receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Talbots can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Talbots offers career opportunities at all levels and locations. Explore jobs at Talbots and enjoy the chance to combine your skills, style and confidence with a company whose elevated standards reflect your own. Our rich history, our dedicated people and our strong philosophy distinguish Talbots from any other retailer in the country.
Talbots is a leading retailer and direct marketer of women’s classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We’re known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials in a broad range of sizes.
In 1947, our founders Nancy and Rudolph Talbot opened their first shop in Hingham, Mass. a quaint New England town not far from Boston. Their business quickly became known as “the store with the red door” and a go-to destination for classic style, great color, impeccable tailoring and personalized service. In 1948, Nancy and Rudy launched their direct mail business by distributing 3,000 black-and-white fliers to names obtained from The New Yorker magazine. Today, there are nearly 500 Talbots stores throughout the U.S. (45 states) and Canada with catalogs and an e-commerce site reaching a vast audience of customers around the world.
Talbots Job Opportunities & Application Process
Talbots receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Talbots, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women’s clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that’s both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
At Talbots, we help our customers look and feel their best. The Talbots Outlet Assistant Sales Manager (ASM) partners with the Store Manager or General Manager (the “Manager”) to lead the team in creating a hospitable environment for customers and associates alike. The ASM is a role model for creating exceptional customer experiences and is responsible for driving the business forward within his/her store.
- Is customer-centric and understands the importance of creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Driven to create, build and cultivate relationships with customers and associates.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling and operational standards through coaching, training and accountability.
- Passionate about selling and seeks organized, thoughtful ways to maximize all traffic that enters the store.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions Talbots as an employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire all associates based on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs.
- This includes onboarding new talent, sharing wardrobing /fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Model exceptional customer experiences and selling behaviors to drive customer loyalty
and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and address performance/disciplinary action when required.
- Assist management in leading the team as needed.
- Stay abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion trends and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved.
- Analyze store reports leveraging store’s historical sales data with current sales goals to establish achievable stretch goals for individual and team performance.
Creating the Customer Experience:
- Capable of creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Seeks to understand customer needs & wants with curiosity and confidence through intentional conversation.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and share this knowledge with the team.
- Lead associates in consistently marketing Talbots brand initiatives to achieve key metrics.
- Demonstrate natural ability to engage with customers with the intent to sell in a way that is relevant, timely and meaningful for her.
- Professionally represent the Talbots brand image and ensure all associates meet same standards.
- Support areas of operational excellence as needed.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer and business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Two or more years of customer-centric selling experience preferred. One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking,
kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
Work Facts of Talbots
Talbots Working Hours
- Retail Sales Associate, Clerk Cashier, Bagger, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Talbots Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Talbots to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Talbots Jobs: Official Site.