Sysco Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Sysco receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Sysco can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Sysco has sales and service relationships with approximately 425,000 customers and remains committed to helping them succeed in the foodservice industry and satisfy consumers’ appetites. Operating from 194 locations throughout the U.S., Bahamas, Canada, Ireland & Northern Ireland, Sysco’s product lines are as diverse as the 50,300 employees who support its daily operations.
Sysco Job Opportunities & Application Process
Sysco receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Sysco, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Customer Service Representative
This is a position that is responsible for processing orders, providing product knowledge and handling customer needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Make calls and enter orders to established customer base.
- Upsale customers on products, inform customers on specials, and stay in communication with the sales reps on the customer orders.
- Answer phones and route calls appropriately.
- Take and process customer orders, to include pricing and not enough on hand.
- Communicate with Drivers on any customer delivery issues (short on truck, over on truck, wrong item or wrong pricing).
- Communicate with the Sales staff on not enough on hand.
- Generate and distribute price letters.
- Complete documentation and processing for sample requests and special orders.
- Assist others within department based on business needs.
- Handle distribution of mail, key in credit apps, and filing.
- Assume responsibility for additional tasks as requested.
- Must be able to work in refrigerated environment of 32 degrees for a couple hours each shift
Outbound Lead: Under general supervision this position is responsible for assisting with training and coordination of all night warehouse functions.
- Maintain dock and warehouse in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Assist in the training and development of Night warehouse associates.
- Identify areas of opportunity with associates and develop action plans to train and coach for better performance.
- Develop a good understanding of Preferred Work Methods and coach and train associates on PWM’s.
- Assist with monitoring work flow and meeting deadlines.
- Support feedback functions prior to invoicing (catch weights, out of stocks, etc.)
- Assist with conducting group start up meetings.
- Review mis-picks and other miscues with associates responsible.
- Assist with identifying and removing operational barriers.
- Seek and provide feedback from/to production and supervisory staff regarding slotting issues, equipment issues, procedures, etc.
- Participate in warehouse safety and sanitation inspections.
- Assist other warehouse functions when requested or required.
- Keeps work area clean and free of damaged product.
Warehouse Order Selector: This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or forklift, selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, labeling product using SOS label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires working 6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift until all product is accurately selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer.
- Operate assigned SOS unit to create labels; correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy set forth by the Company and by AIB (American Institute of Baking).
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches; constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Work Facts of Sysco
Sysco Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Sales Associate, Driver, Merchandiser, Accountant, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Administrative Assistant, Shipping and Receiving Clerk, Forklift Operator, Package Handler, General Warehouse Worker, Assistant Warehouse Manager, General Warehouse Manager
Sysco Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Sysco to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Sysco Jobs: visit Official Site.