Sutter Health Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Sutter Health receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Sutter Health can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Sutter Health is a not-for-profit health system in Northern California, headquartered in Sacramento. It includes doctors, hospitals and other health care services in more than 100 Northern California cities and towns. Major service lines of Sutter Health-affiliated hospitals include cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, orthopedics and advanced patient safety technology.
Sutter Health Job Opportunities & Application Process
Sutter Health receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Sutter Health, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Patient Services Representative: The Patient Services Representative accepts patient referrals; schedules appointments and maintains data in a computerized scheduling program; preregisters the patient and creates accounts for clinical services; verifies and or obtains authorization for services; creates and maintains patient charts; and ensures that the patient account is ready for billing.
Accepts referrals, verifies for completeness and appropriateness, communicating with referral sources to obtain additional information as needed. Creates and maintains patient charts. Assures that charts contain MD referral orders, past medical records, documents required for clinical use, documents for patient signature. May assist clinical diabetes staff by downloading patient meters. May compile and report units of service data to Finance for productivity reports. Obtains confidential information from patient or family member, including demographic, financial, and medical. Pre-registers patients into the patient accounting system, verifies insurance, verifies co-payment requirements and obtains/completes all necessary authorizations, certifications, notifications and government required documentation.
Prepares charge tickets for clinical services. In selected centers, audits every patient chart for chargeable services and takes corrective action to ensure they are accurate and complete. Researches and clears problems identified by patient accounting systems required to ensure complete and appropriate billing of assigned claims. May post billing charges and collection of cash/credit receipts to patient accounts. May translate narrative diagnosis into ICD-9 codes and enter into billing system.
Schedules patients for initial and follow-up appointments and maintains data in computerized scheduling program.
Medical Assistant: The Medical Assistant performs clinical and clerical duties related to the provision of patient care. Functions in accordance with regional, SMF Policies and Procedures, and care center standards. Performs all clinical duties under the direction of a clinician.
• As needed, works in any SMF care center to optimally support patient care and business needs.
• Assists clinicians and patients to ensure efficient flow consistent with care center service standards, including AIDET to keep patients informed., i.e; delays.
• Assists clinician with EHR In-Basket management for prescription refills, results, authorizations/referrals and non-clinical secure e-Messages in accordance with Medical Foundation standards.
• Assists in patient education by providing informational pamphlet and after care instructions, and/or after visit summary as instructed by the clinician or according to Medical Foundation Policy.
• Ensures that exam rooms are clean, stocked, and appropriately set up each day prior to rooming patients.
• Gathers appropriate documents and signatures necessary to assist the clinician in making treatment decisions, i.e. ABN forms, Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and consents.
• Maintains patient medical records by accurately documenting actions and charting diagnostic test result. Receives and records test results and ensures that those results are with the patient’s medical record at the time of visit.
• Performs diagnostic tests, administers medications, and collects/prepares specimens as directed by written clinician orders. May communicate test results upon the written direction of the clinician.
• Prepares patients for appropriate exams/procedures by reviewing EHR health maintenance and disease management or patient chart for services and pends orders, when appropriate.
• Properly cares for medical equipment and performs maintenance responsibilities.
Work Facts of Sutter Health
Sutter Health Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Medical Assistant, Patient Services Representative
Sutter Health Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Sutter Health to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Sutter Health Jobs: Official Site.