SuperValu Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, SuperValu receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at SuperValu can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
SuperValu, Inc. is an American retailing company. The corporation, headquartered in the Minneapolis suburb of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, has been in business for nearly a century. It is the fifth-largest food retailing company in the United States (after Kroger and Albertsons), and ranks in the top 100 on the 2015 Fortune 500 list. Supermarket News ranked SuperValu #1 in the 2008 “Top Wholesalers for 2008”.
SuperValu Job Opportunities & Application Process
SuperValu receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in SuperValu, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Provides prompt and friendly service to customers and assist them when necessary. Operates a cash register and all the duties which correspond to this activity.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Operates cash register accurately and scans all product.
- Redeems promotional coupons, food stamps, WIC checks, rain checks, receives cash, checks, EFT transactions, in-store charges and figures discounts, as well as, counts back change, issues receipts and Catalina coupons.
- Places merchandise in cart in a neat, organized fashion. Assists courtesy personnel as needed.
- Answers customer questions and concerns and follows-up with appropriate personnel.
- Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco and liquor.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and food stamps.
- Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.
- Stocks, faces and rotates merchandise, cleans shelves, understands shelf tags, knows location of merchandise in the store and also in the back room, and if available, takes customers to an item.
- Reviews weekly store ad to note price changes and sale items.
- Keeps register area clean and adheres to “5S” standards, ensures adequate supplies are ready and available, and helps maintain the store appearance.
Provides direct, prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Interacts with customers for their immediate selection of various fresh meats, cheeses, salads, seafood and hot foods from the deli department. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must have the ability to handle refrigerated and frozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from freezer
- Must be able to participate in the preparation of salads, sandwiches, fried chicken, fish, etc.
- Must be able to safely operate a slicer and fryer for the production of sliced meats and cheeses and fried foods.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. Has occasional exposure to temperature extremes and cleaning chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced, highly customer interactive work environment.
SuperValu Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest SuperValu to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of SuperValu
SuperValu Working Hours
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Open Positions: Cashier, Bagger, Customer Service Representative, Stock Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Meat/Deli Clerk, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply SUPERVALU Jobs: visit Official Site.