Stony Brook University Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Stony Brook University receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Stony Brook University can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The State University of New York at Stony Brook is a public sea-grant and space-grant research university in the eastern United States. It is located in Stony Brook, New York, east of New York City on Long Island, and is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system.
Stony Brook University Job Opportunities & Application Process
Stony Brook University receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Stony Brook University, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
IRB Assistant: The IRB Assistant will provide administrative support to the Committees on Research Involving Human Subjects (CORIHS), the Institutional Review Boards of Stony Brook University. The successful incumbent will have excellent interpersonal skills, exercising strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail. Essential for this role is the adeptness to work as part of a team and a willingness to learn IRB Administration.
- Process applications to the IRB including 1) administrative review to ensure compliance with and accurate interpretation of relevant regulation and policies 2) assignment of IRB reviewer and 3) act as a liaison between investigators and IRB to ensure timely review and approval.
- Act as the primary reviewer on behalf of the IRB for 1) applications for exemption and expedited reviews 2) determinations of activities that constitute “not human subjects research” and 3) post-committee responses from investigators.
- Provide support and feedback to investigators during the submission and approval processes for applications to the IRB.
- Ensure accurate dissemination of correspondence to and from investigators, IRB members, and other on/off campus offices as required. Attend IRB meetings.
- Assignment of amendments, adverse events, investigator responses to appropriate reviewers.
- Continually assess human research protection program against new federal guidelines/regulations for possible revision to SBU’s AAHRPP standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Staff Assistant: This position will maintain and expand responsibilities for admissions digital and social media, and virtual event management. These programs specifically benefit out-of-state and international students, and the incumbent will be asked to increase Stony Brook’s footprint in these areas to further optimize our presence with these demographics. New responsibilities will include serving as a liaison with the Marketing-Communications division and external vendors for the development of print and media geared towards out-of-state and international students, and developing promotional materials to increase enrollments during summer and winter terms.
- Create digital and social recruitment content to enhance admissions efforts and increase enrollments from targeted demographics. Assess digital analytics while monitoring users’ online experience for all campaigns and web assets.
- Develop and implement interactive media campaign including online virtual events using live video technology, group text chats, SMS and virtual college fairs.
- Manage student search programs for out-of-state and international demographics, including development of content and design in coordination with Admissions staff, Marketing/Communications and external vendors.
- Respond to inquiries from students and other stakeholders though the Admissions e-mail database on a daily basis.
- Serve as a liaison with Marketing/Communications for development of print publications geared toward out-of-state and international audiences.
- Coordinate and host student staff training programs on utilization of the Admissions CRM for data entry and other daily tasks.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and department mission , including participation at live recruitment events, conducting information sessions application review, and participation in open house and admitted student events.
Research Support Specialist: The Research Support Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Department of Medicine faculty web site as well as updating, posting schedules and posting news items to the departmental web site. Provide technical and desktop support to Department of Medicine staff for computer related issues.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of various databases using existing software programs to manage departmental records in the areas of faculty/personnel/evaluation, medical education and research administration.
- Assist with the development of the departmental monthly newsletter.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Facts of Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Staff Assistant, Research Support Specialist
Stony Brook University Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Stony Brook University to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Stony Brook University Jobs: Official Site.