Steak ‘n Shake Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Steak ‘n Shake receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Steak ‘n Shake can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Steak ‘n Shake is a classic American brand and we intend to lead and dominate the premium burger and milkshake segment of the restaurant industry.
Constantly to serve our patrons the highest quality burgers and shakes along with extending them great service at the lowest possible prices.
Steak ‘n Shake Job Opportunities & Application Process
Steak ‘n Shake receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Steak ‘n Shake, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Major functions/tasks performed in the job and the deliverable (report, product, output, etc.) produced.
Primary and On-Going Accountabilities
- Effectively Manager a Steak ‘n Shake Shift
- Execute the 14 point walk and correct deficiencies as they arise
- Ensure food is properly stored and prepared in compliance with food safety regulations and recipe adherence
- Ensure service, hospitality, accuracy and speed standards are achieved
- Maintain strict compliance with health, safety and security standards and procedures
- Train, coach and inspire Associates to deliver exceptional service, food quality and environment to the Guest
- Demonstrate effective decision making and problem solving skills that support the Steak ‘n Shake Principles;
- Relentless Pursuit of Excellence, Exceed Guest Expectations, Golden Rule, Economic Objective and
- Entrepreneurial Approach
- Ensure accurate adherence to all State and Federal laws on assigned shift
- Lead by Example
- Has authority to discipline associates
- Recommends associates for hiring and promotion
- Recommends associates for termination
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Satisfaction: Build the business by relentlessly pursuing excellence and growing customer traffic over prior year.
- Effectively interact with Guests to ensure we exceed their expectations with the highest quality food and great service
- Immediately address Guest concerns and complaints utilizing the Steak ‘n Shake Guest Recovery Model – L.E.A.R.N.
- Ensure Guests are immediately recognized upon entering and as they are leaving
- Motivate all Associates to deliver great hospitality toward all guests and other associates
- Create a positive team environment with knowledgeable associates working together through shift huddles and ongoing coaching
Brand Protection: Operating in accordance with our Quality, Service and Cleanliness Standards (QSC) and other food safety practices, delighting our Guest with outstanding fresh food and training our valuable people.
- Execute the 14-point walk using the “Three in One” tool?” ensuring the facility is radiant, the associates are motivated, the stations are appropriately set up / re-stocked for meal periods, and constantly moving through the restaurant coaching the directing associates to ensure quality adherence and speed standards are achieved
- Interview candidates using the Select the Best 1st interview guide and recommend enthusiastic / Guest centric candidates to the General Manager for employment
- Ensure associates are effectively trained using the Steak ‘n Shake training program, Earning your Wings
- Monitor food quality, portioning and speed from the EXPO window and resolve any issues immediately
- Assign and verify all side work is accurately and efficiently completed
- Verify accurate adherence to the Prep and Pull and cooling charts as well as complete HACCP and line checks on assigned shift ensuring food quality and quantity
- Ensure all Safely procedures and policies are strictly adhered to
Financial Growth: Manage profitable shifts focused on delighting our guests, increasing quality and reducing prices.
- Deploy associates appropriately as planned on the Schedule and Line up sheets
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels of well-trained associates on assigned shifts
- Complete shift and daily inventory and accurately post into the back office POS System
- Check in food delivery, ensure proper storage and post-delivery into the POS
- Complete food order based on commissary order guide and enter into ordering system
- Maintain strict adherence to cash handling and banking policies and procedures
- Complete shift tools and administration duties as assigned by General Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Typical minimum requirement to perform the job.
- High School graduate or equivalent education preferred
- Certified in all Service and Production Stations at Steak ‘n Shake or equivalent experience
- ServSafe certified
- Understand Steak ‘n Shake policies, procedures, state laws, Health codes, Safe food handling and Sanitation procedures
- Positive, motivating communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Ability to read, write, perform mathematical calculations and analyze data
- Demonstrate key principles: Golden Rule, Relentless pursuit of Excellence, Exceeding guest expectations,
- Economic objective, Entrepreneurial approach
- Able to work in excess of 50 hours per week while standing, walking and stretching
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull 30 lbs.
- Able to perform any task performed by a service or production associate
- Able to see across the restaurant to monitor and oversee the operation
- Able to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Able to hear, understand and professionally respond to guest and employee inquiries, comments and concerns
Work Facts of Steak ‘n Shake
Steak ‘n Shake Working Hours
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Cashier, Server, Cook, Maintenance Worker, Hourly Shift Supervisor, Manager in Training, Assistant Manager, Internal Manager, Intern, Trainer, First Shift Server, Expeditor, Fry/Steamtable Associate, Drive-Thru Operator, Cash/Counter Server, Fountain Operator, Grill Associate, Breakfast Cook, Dishwasher, Busser, Front of House Team Member, Back of House Team Member, Host/Hostess, Fast-Track General Manager
Steak ‘n Shake Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Steak ‘n Shake to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Steak ‘n Shake Jobs: Official Site.