Skanska Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Skanska receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Skanska can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
In Skanska you will be involved with some of the most interesting projects of our time. We are looking for people in all job areas willing to give their best. Here you can search and apply for jobs worldwide and also submit an open application.
To meet present and future market requirements, we need people in all areas with different backgrounds who are willing to give their best and achieve great results. We want you to share your experience, ideas and perspective – and we will do our utmost to help you thrive at Skanska with countless opportunities to learn and grow through our 10,000 projects.
Skanska Job Opportunities & Application Process
Skanska receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Skanska , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
The Scheduler will support the Operations Department in implementing major projects and will provide scheduling, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on projects. S/he leads the forecasting and updating of schedule activities for the assigned project by assisting and collaborating with the Project Team to ensure that they meet or exceed Project Controls standards. The position works, gathers, and distributes information and reports directly to the Scheduling Director or any of the other positions as stated above. S/he must be a team player and have strong organizational and communication skills to help the project accomplish the project objectives by providing planning, scheduling and earned value management guidance.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently plans, coordinates, supervises, and directs all planning and scheduling activities under the guidance of the Project Manager and the Scheduling Director. This includes reorganizing the schedule logic and activity durations resulting from a change in scope or means and methods, as well as updating the schedule for additional work activities;
- Ensure that project planning and scheduling standards and procedures are implemented in the development, monitoring and reporting of the schedules;
- Identify and coordinate time and cost saving opportunities in the execution of the project;
- Provide assistance to Scheduling Director and the Project Manager to analyze claims and value engineering proposals to establish schedule implications;
- Represent company and/or project in meetings with owner, client representatives, and other contractors as required;
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager / Scheduling Director in Project Controls policies and procedures and monitor and evaluate project schedules;
- Provide need dates for and analyze, review contracts and purchase orders;
- Walk the construction site in order to collect and verify information as needed;
- Monitor design, subcontract and direct hire work progress. This includes tracking and analyzing design and production quantities and communicating the results clearly to the other members of the project team;
- Lead the scheduling and planning efforts on a continuous basis and prepare periodic project forecasts based on own knowledge of the ongoing construction as well as input from other members of the project team;
- Lead weekly and monthly schedule reviews;
- Provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to more junior project professionals assigned to the project as needed;
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of Change Orders and additional work on the project;
- Assist in maintaining effective relationships with internal and external clients;
- Full commitment to an Injury-Free Environment and Skanska Safety and Health Management Program.
We’re Looking For:
- Computer knowledge, working knowledge of P6, proficiency in Excel;
- Design Build and/or EPC experience in large projects is desired;
- Direct-hire / self-perform project planning experience;
- Broad understanding of engineering and construction processes;
- Ability to read and interpret design and construction drawings and specifications;
- Ability to build a schedule by collaborating in a cross-functional team setting;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to represent planning/scheduling and project controls functions in a cross-function team;
- Multi-tasking, good time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Ability to understand project scope;
- Ability understand, coordinate and facilitate project phase handovers;
- Monitor and interpret design changes and forecast their impact on project objectives;
- Understanding of project risk management concepts;
- Strong leadership and presentation skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 7 years of experience at a construction company as a scheduler or planner on heavy infrastructure projects is required;
- Prior aviation construction experience is desired but not required.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Work Facts of Skanska
Skanska Working Hours
- Scheduler, Human Resources Services Manager, Director – Communications, EHS Coordinator, Project Controls Administrator, Senior Project Manager, Project Controls Coordinator
Skanska Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Skanska to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Skanska Jobs: Official Site.