Shaw’s Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Shaw’s receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Shaw’s can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Shaw’s Job Opportunities & Application Process
Shaw’s receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Shaw’s, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Department Specialist – The Department Specialist completes a variety of administrative and clerical activities that support the Procurement Department in achieving goals and objectives. Works under moderate supervision on work assignments requiring knowledge of Distribution Center and Department policies and procedures
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the Procurement Manager and Buyers by completing administrative and clerical work to include: maintenance of files, running reports, data entry, answering telephones when necessary, answering routine questions or referring to proper individual, sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
- Completes the system set-up of new items and removal of discontinued items from the system.
- Assists Buyers with the placement of purchase orders, maintains contact with retail store personnel to resolve special problems or to obtain necessary information and maintain quality standards,
- Coordinates necessary functions between the Procurement Department and other Distribution Center Departments.
- Enters store distribution and allocations of product.
- Responds to special requests and researches information for other department members as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Superintendent Trucking – This position will supervise supervision, drivers, clerical support, mechanics and equipment. As needed will dispatch retail store deliveries. Ensure driver compliance with state and federal DOT regulations. Assist with required records, reports and control systems. The position can work without a manager physically on site.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- 4 year college degree in Logistics or Business preferred.
- 5-10 years management level experience in Distribution / Transportation.
- Expert use of Microsoft Work, Excel, and Access and associated applications is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of transportation related software including: routing optimization software software (Manugistics JDA); truck on-board computer software (XATA); dispatch software (Prospero).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage effectively in a team environment, motivating and inspiring to employees.
- Strong leadership, able to be motivating and inspiring to employees. A mentor and resource.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a dedicated communicator and listener.
- Strong organizational skills, utilizes discretionary effort daily to improve performance and create efficiencies.
Shaw’s Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Shaw’s to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of Shaw’s
Shaw’s Working Hours
- Monday-Saturday: 7:00am-10:00pm; Sunday: 7:00am-9:00pm
Open Positions: Cashier, Bagger, Customer Service Representative, Grocery Clerk, Meat Clerk, Bakery Clerk, Stock Associate, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Shaw’s Jobs: Official Site.