PriceRite Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, PriceRite receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at PriceRite can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Similar to other limited-assortment chains, including Aldi and Save-A-Lot, PriceRite offers drastically fewer SKUs (stock-keeping units) than its sibling ShopRite stores. PriceRite stores operate on the same principles as their competition; however, they are a bit bigger (averaging 35,000 sq ft (3,300 m2)) and concentrate on offering a larger “fresh food” selection.
PriceRite also emphasizes the fact that its stores are American-owned, by incorporating the phrase “An American Company” into the PriceRite trademark. This is presumably to highlight the fact that much of PriceRite’s competition is owned by European Union-based entities (Aldi is German-owned and Bottom Dollar Food is Belgian-owned).
Due to the generic nature of the name “PriceRite”, and the unfamiliarity with the brand outside the Northeast, Wakefern has also begun distributing PriceRite-branded merchandise, such as health-and-beauty, paper products, and foodstuffs to other retail outlets, such as dollar stores, mom-and-pop pharmacies, and corner stores, and other supermarkets such as Gristedes Operating Corp., which owns Gristedes Supermarkets in New York City. Due to Gristedes’ partnership with amazon.com, selected PriceRite-branded products also are available for sale on Amazon.com.
Because of its cooperative structure, Wakefern has been very careful not to cannibalize sales of its member-owned ShopRite stores by opening PriceRite stores in overlapping trade areas—thus, most PriceRites are in New England or Pennsylvania, outside ShopRite’s core regions, though locations of both sister chains can be within miles of each other. Two stores in California are operated under a franchise agreement with Wakefern.
PriceRite Job Opportunities & Application Process
PriceRite receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in PriceRite, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to tolerate and in work in cold and hot outdoor temperatures, inclement weather such as rain, ice, snow.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping environment.
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance. May ring a register.
- Remove rubbish from carts.
- Collect empty shopping carts from assigned areas and return them to their proper place
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to company policy.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations that pertain to the Front End operation.
- Dress according to the company policy to include white shirt, black pants, apron, name badge. Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Be knowledgeable in the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Comply with all Price Rite Service Priorities; clean, fresh and friendly..
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Part Time work hours – Our business requires a flexible scheduling consisting of days, evenings and weekends. Weekly average hours for part time is 20-25. Hours fluctuate weekly in accordance with business needs.
- Part Time Training Requirements – All Team Members are provided paid training and expected to successfully complete all components of training within the first 30 days. This includes web based and hands-on training.
- All Team Members are expected to report to work as scheduled and required to record work time through our electronic time and attendance system. Excessive lateness and/or absences is not acceptable.
Stockers are expected to meet efficiency and productively standards.
Work Facts of PriceRite
PriceRite Working Hours
- Monday-Saturday: 8:00am-9:00pm;
- Sunday: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Sales Associate, Produce Associate, Meat Cutter, Market Team Member, Deli Associate, Deli Manager, Bakery Associate, Bakery Manager, Frozen Food Associate, Dairy Associate, Guest Services Associate, Front End Sales Assistant, Grocery Sales Manager, Head Grocery Associate, DSD Receiver, Customer Service Associate, Retail Pricing Coordinator, Specialty Merchandise Associate, Customer Service Manager, Warehouse Shipping Representative, Warehouse Shipping Manager, Market Sales Manager, Forklift Operator, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Seafood Associate, Market Associate, Cake Decorator, Truck Driver, Forklift Mechanic, Seafood Sales Manager, Bilingual Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
PriceRite Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest PriceRite to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply PriceRite Jobs: Official Site