Pratt & Whitney Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Pratt & Whitney receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Pratt & Whitney can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Pratt & Whitney is an American aerospace manufacturer with global service operations. It is a subsidiary of United Technologies (UTC). Pratt & Whitney’s aircraft engines are widely used in both civil aviation (especially airlines) and military aviation. Its headquarters are in East Hartford, Connecticut. As one of the “big three” aero-engine manufacturers, it competes with General Electric and Rolls-Royce, although it has also formed joint ventures with both of these companies. In addition to aircraft engines, Pratt & Whitney manufactures gas turbines for industrial and power generation, and marine turbines. As of 2014, the company reported having 31,500 employees supporting more than 11,000 customers in 180 countries around the world. In 2013, Pratt & Whitney’s revenue totaled $14.5 billion.
Pratt & Whitney Job Opportunities & Application Process
Pratt & Whitney receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Pratt & Whitney, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of supervisor/working leader, plan and perform hand and/or machine welding and associated metal joining process to fabricate or repair parts.
- Work from drawings, sketches, welding machine schedules, verbal and written instructions
- Make required settings to equipment, gas flow and other parameters to obtain quality welds
- Assemble and tack weld parts in preparation for electron beam welding
- Operate computer controlled welding equipment, activate machine welding cycle or manipulate hand welding torch to complete welding cycle
- Utilize X-Ray film or black light process to determine extent of repairs required, build up finished machine surfaces and repair cracks and other imperfections
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and record results
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as operator’s check list, to assure equipment operates properly
- Perform similar duties as assigned and refer difficult problems to supervisor or working leader.
- Maintain appropriate metal joining certifications
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed.
Performs data entry and other normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files and electronic files, setting up and maintaining reports, arranging meetings and conferences and receiving, referring or answering mail/email. Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage and answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisor’s assignment. This position will support the Eagle Supply management team’s administrative assistant requirements (Assistant Director and direct reports). Applies and develops basic skills in the execution of existing procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to the position within assigned area Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher level.
Due to our government contracts, all applicants must be US Citizens.
Work Facts of Pratt & Whitney
Pratt & Whitney Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Welder, Administrative Assistant
Pratt & Whitney Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Pratt & Whitney to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Pratt & Whitney Jobs: Official Site.