Pep Boys Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Pep Boys receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Pep Boys can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
We Provide Seamless Service from Start to Finish
Icahn Automotive Group LLC was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of IEP and Icahn Automotive Group today consist of Pep Boys®, an automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus®, an automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Just Brakes®, an automotive service chain, Precision Tune Auto Care®, a network of owned and franchised automotive service centers, and now American Driveline Systems, the franchisor of AAMCO® and Cottman Transmission & Total Auto Care® service centers.
Icahn Enterprises L.P. also owns Federal-Mogul Motorparts, a leading global supplier of both original equipment and vehicle aftermarket products. Federal-Mogul Motorparts sells and distributes a broad portfolio of products through more than 20 of the world’s most recognized brands, including ANCO® wipers; Beck/Arnley® premium OE quality parts and fluids; Champion® lighting, spark plugs, wipers and filters, Fel-Pro® gaskets; MOOG® chassis components; and Abex®, Ferodo®, Jurid® and Wagner® brake products and lighting.
Pep Boys Job Opportunities & Application Process
Pep Boys receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Pep Boys, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
General Service Technician
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation’s leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. (“Icahn Enterprises”; NASDAQ: IEP).
Responsible for the efficient inspection, repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A successful General Service Technician will serve as the resident expert in the companies’ core services, such as, oil solutions, battery services and tire installations; and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. The General Service Technician will conduct a wide variety of inspections and repairs, including but not limited to fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire inspections / installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements. The General Service Technician may be required to provide advice to and sell customers on automotive services and repairs that are recommended or required for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and ship complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 6 months of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Facts of Pep Boys
- 18 years old
Pep Boys Working Hours
- Sales Associate, Technician, Mechanic, Installer, Service Manager, Commercial Sales Manager, Parts Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Commercial Driver, Service Advisor/Writer, Express Service Technician, Service Representative, Warehouse Worker, Order Selector, Forklift Operator, General Warehouse Associate, Purchasing Manager, Store Setup Coordinator, Fleet/Outside Sales Representative, Automotive Technician/Mechanic, Special Order Coordinator, Director – IT, EP Technician, Buyer, Interactive Marketing Specialist, ASE Master Technician, Express Sales and Service Technician, Internal Auditor, Merchandise Pricing Analyst, Pricing Manager, Warehouse Supervisor
Pep Boys Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Pep Boys to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Pep Boys Jobs: Official Site.