PacSun Application & Career
With the job application to PacSun, you can take an important step in your career and get your dream job. In this article, you will be able to learn what PacSun vacancies are, how you can apply, job requirements and PacSun recruitment processes.
Having branches on 650 different locations, PacSun offers job opportunities to job seekers who are mostly interested in retail industry. There are so many available positions at PacSun such asales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Assistant Buyer, Associate Apparel Graphic Designer, Associate Production Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Central Planning Manager, Women’s Graphics Designer etc. In addition to entry-level positions, job seekers can also be accepted to managerial positions.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc., is a United States-based retail clothing brand rooted in the youth oriented culture and lifestyle of California. The company sells lifestyle apparel, along with footwear and accessories designed for teens and young adults. As of late 2017, the company operated over 600 stores in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
Job Opportunities at PacSun
You can find the latest PacSun job postings below, you can find detailed information about the positions.
PacSun offers both entry-level and managerial positions to job seekers who wants to take a part in retail industry. Most entry-level positions require employees to greet customers and to give sufficient information about the products.In addition to these, carrying out cashiering, stocking, and sales duties are also included in their job description.While these are typical features of entry-level positions, maganerial jobs mostly require employees to deal with administrative tasks and hiring.
There are both part-time and full-time job options offered by the company and workers are expected to have flexible schedules.
When it comes to the hiring process, job seekers who are interested in working for PacSun should be ready for informal meetings with the hiring staff. In that sense, PacSun’s hiring process can be said to be different than traditional interviews other companies choose to do. Before these informal meetings, those who are interested should create profile through PacSun careers page. After that, they will be able to apply for the jobs and departments that they like.
PacSun Positions and Salary Information
Job seekers who are interested in fashion reteail industry can take a look at the positions described below:
Sales Associate – This position requires no prior work experience. A Sales Associate’s responsibility is to greet customers, keep shelves clean and organized, deal with cashiering, open and close the shop depending on shift. PacSun regularly hires personnel for this position. As for the salary, a Sales Assistant starts with the minimum wage; however, it may rise to $9.00 or $10.00 depending on work performance.
The Sales Associate is responsible for generating sales through exhibiting passion for product, brands, fashion and trends with all customers. The Sales Associate is also responsible for executing initiatives and tasks as assigned by the leadership team. Overall, the Sales Associate is expected to work as a positive member of the store team and consistently provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Reflects the PacSun brand by demonstrating passion and affinity for product, brands, fashion and trends.
- Contributes to a positive working environment by consistently exhibiting core value behaviors
- Maintains and drives the company’s fashion image by adhering to the Employee Appearance Guidelines
- Demonstrates willingness, aptitude, and initiative to learn what is unknown about product, brands, fashion and trends
- Strive to improve individual performance while working as a productive member of the team
Store Manager – For this position, there are some requirements applicants are supposed to meet. These requirements include having a high school diploma, being above 18, and having 2 years of prior work experience in the related field. There are also some personal qualifications that applicants’d better have such as being confident, progressive, and dedicated. A Store Manager is supposed to deal with administrative duties, hiring process, filling sales report, taking inventory, processing payroll etc. Concerning the salary, per year a Store Manager earns around $45.000 while prior work experience may increase this number to $60.000.
- Attracts, inspires, retains and promotes top talent
- Is passionate about our customers and our brands, knows and understands his/her store in detail and understands the competition in the market
- Understands how stores operate with regard to staffing, payroll, marketing and visual merchandising and meets all execution and compliance goals
- Demonstrates business acumen including (but not limited to) how sales, profitability, inventory, markdowns, etc. affect the larger organization
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) and/or equivalent work experience is a plus
- 2+ years of apparel retail experience
- Able to work nights and weekends with reasonable schedule flexibility
Assistant Buyer – Possess strong communication skills, product knowledge, and a balance of analytical and creative abilities to positively drive sales and margin
- Assist/partner with Buyer in analyzing, merchandising, and communicating decisions to successfully affect the department’s business.
- Cross-functional team leadership: present ideas and influence the cross-functional team in major milestone meetings to drive assortment deviations for product categories.
- Business analysis: rank the line weekly and make observations, analyze and drive recommendations for change for assigned category.
- Assorting a line: review/analyze the assortment and drive appropriate changes.
- Work closely with Design team to interpret and forecast trends for assigned areas.
- Assist in the development of the broader assortment mix.
- Analyze performance and plans to look for sales and margin opportunities that can exceed plan for assigned areas.
- Responsible for all steps of data entry and ensuring PO’s are accurately entered into the system and communicated to vendors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for organization and management of samples in support of milestone meetings and product assorting.
- Quickly adapt to changes/trends occurring in the business and in the marketplace.
- Pass buy information for PO entry data entry, approval all PO’s for areas of responsibility.
- Communicate price actions for entry into Price System.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) and/or equivalent work experience required
- 1+ years of buying experience within retail environment
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Pro-active in every aspect of work (i.e. forward thinking, ability to anticipate, driven to get tasks accomplished)
- Ability to communicate ideas, issues, opportunities, etc
Assistant Manager – To be considered as qualified for this position, applicants are expected to meet general requirements such as being at least 18 years old, and a high school graduate. In addition to these, applicants for this position are expected to have prior work experience in retail industry. Main responsibilities this position encompasses is to supervise entry-level employees and to keep store locations organized. Moreover, an Assistant Manager is supposed to be the first and the last person to enter and exit locations everyday. When it comes to the salary, it is $10.00 at minimum and $14.00 at maximum per hour.
Assistant Store Manager – The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in leading a customer focused, top-line sales driven, profitable and productive store location. The Assistant Store Manager must also inspire and motivate others by exhibiting core value behaviors-including a customer focused selling culture, and ensuring the execution of the Store’s KPl’s. Assistant Managers also must hold store employees accountable to following all policies and procedures.
- Passion for product, brands, Fashion and trends
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Basic math and computer proficiency
- Previous retail or stock experience required
- Experience supervising teams preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
PacSun Job Interview
During the interview, hiring staff may want to learn about candidates’ prior work experience in the related industry. To be able to prove that you are different from other candidates and you are qualified for the job, you should prove that you will definitely be able to handle the position and what positon requires you to do.
Work Facts of PacSun
PacSun Working Hours
- Monday-Friday 10:00am-9:00pm;
- Saturday 10:00am-7:00pm;
- Sunday 11:00am-6:00pm
- Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Assistant Buyer, Associate Apparel Graphic Designer, Associate Production Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Central Planning Manager, Women’s Graphics Designer, Loss Prevention Systems Analyst, Online Photographer, Product Copywriter, Quality Assurance Specialist, Print Production Coordinator
PacSun Job Application Form
If there is a job application form where you can apply for PacSun, you can download it here and complete the application by completing the required sections.
Printable Application PDF/Form: PacSun Application Print Out
How to Apply PacSun Jobs: Official Site.