Owens Corning Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Owens Corning receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Owens Corning can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Compelling Careers, Delivering Innovative Solutions
Owens Corning has touched your life and the world around you in more ways than you can imagine. We’ve been making products that play a role in thousands of ways worldwide—from composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation for over 75 years.
We have been a Fortune 500 company for the last 63 years, as our innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. Discover compelling career opportunities with Owens Corning today.
Owens Corning Job Opportunities & Application Process
Owens Corning receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Owens Corning, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
PRODUCTION-WOOL CREW AFTER
Position: Crew Person
Position Rate: $16.51
The Owens Corning’s Newark, Ohio facility is currently accepting applications for entry level production / warehouse positions. Final placement will be based on the openings available at the time the positions are filled. The entry level Crew Person Position is critical to the performance and continued growth for the Newark, Ohio facility. The Crew Person and Warehouse Lift Truck Operator is an hourly position and reports to the Shift Leader.
The employee is an entry level crew person and is accountable for product selection, packaging, utility and other miscellaneous processes. This includes: visual inspection, fabrication, equipment utilization, vehicle operation, salvaging of products and loading them onto conveyances. This position also includes: troubleshooting, clearing jams, equipment setup and adjustments, cleaning and replacement, quality, etc. In order to perform these responsibilities, the associate, to the extent required, utilizes a set of core responsibilities and exhibits core behaviors required to achieve the business goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects, selects and packages products according to requested specifications
- Positions, loads, and unloads, ware trucks and racks
- Disposes of off-quality material or other waste material
- Re-piles, re-labels or repacks finished goods as directed
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any equipment or quality problems
- Participates in Oven Clean Outs (OCO’s), Regular Clean Outs (RCO’s), rebuilds and other downtimes
- Assists in adjustment of equipment and in moving materials
- Assists in clearing jams and in arranging the work area during job changes
- Packs, tapes, and loads boxes on trucks
- Chalks, labels or otherwise marks products as directed
- Hauls cullet
- Performs cleanup duties as required
- Assists supervisor in training
- Able to safely perform operator base care
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor
- Complies with all plant rules, safety regulations and maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Complies with attendance policies
Warehouse Lift Truck Operator:
The Material Handler is an hourly position and reports to the Warehouse leader. The Material Handler is responsible for operating the lift truck (with fork and grab) and loading and unloading rail vans utilizing the distribution management system.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses lift truck (fork and grab) and other related material handling equipment to load and unload finished goods for warehousing, fabrication and shipping.
- Performs operator inspection of forklift on each shift; checks various lift truck component systems for malfunctions, replenishes fuel supply, and completes vehicle inspection form.
- Visually inspects and prepares rail vans prior to loading. Loads materials according to predetermined load patterns. Ensures correct products and quantities are loaded.
- Assists with physical inventories as assigned
- Performs cleanup (including, but not limited to, restacking, scrap hauling, delivering products to line for repack, etc.).
- Utilizes Warehouse Management System to control material for inventory, loads, unloads and scrap material.
- Converts lift trucks to grab trucks or fork lifts.
- Load material from line, as required, utilizing the Warehouse Management System.
- Issues vehicle seals, distributes packing slips and tier lists to loaded rail vans.
- Activates on board terminal for work assignments; reacts to on screen instructions and inputs responses.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Complies with all plant rules and safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
Requirements for the Position
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in manufacturing or warehouse/distribution environment is preferred but not required.
- Must complete and successfully pass the following WorkKeys® to be considered.
- Locating Information – Must score a 4 or higher
- Reading for Information – Must score a 4 or higher
- Workplace Observation – Must score a 3 or higher
Essential Physical Requirements/Work Environment
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating 12 hour shifts
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature – continuously
- Exposure to noise – continuously
- Lifting/Carrying/Moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing – continuously (crew person)
- Sitting – continuously (warehouse)
- Handling (holding, grasping) – frequently
- Wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation) (warehouse)
- Hand/Eye coordination – continuously
- Walking – frequently
- Twisting – frequently
- Wearing respirator protection – frequently (crew person)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
- Employer conducts a physical and drug screen.
- Will be required to complete a background check.
Work Facts of Owens Corning
Owens Corning Working Hours
- Production-Wool Crew after3/13, Manufacturing Controls Engineer, Continuous Improvement Lead, Production Supervisor, Maintenance Tech, Materials Handling Technician, Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, Mechanic First Class, Total Productive Maintenance Leader, Mechanic 1st Class, Product Development Engineer R&D
Owens Corning Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Owens Corning to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Owens Corning Jobs: Official Site.