Otis Spunkmeyer Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Otis Spunkmeyer receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Otis Spunkmeyer can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
About Otis Spunkmeyer
Otis Spunkmeyer began in 1977 as a California chain of retail cookie stores and soon expanded its business to foodservice operators, offering a fresh-baked cookie program complete with ovens and merchandising tools. Today, more than 35 years later, Otis Spunkmeyer is the #1 selling foodservice cookie dough in America – and the #1 selling cookie dough in fundraising.
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a focus on the customer and unparalleled capabilities. These capabilities — along with our passion for good food — have allowed us to grow into one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world.
The ARYZTA Story begins with the finest ingredients — along with bakers and chefs whose top priorities are great taste, consistency, quality, and creating memorable baked goods for our customers and consumers. Our delicious foods include breads, artisan breads, cookies, donuts, pastries, muffins, buns, pizza, cakes, flatbreads, and so much more. Our leading bakery brands include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, Cloverhill, Oakrun Farm Bakery, and Gourmet Baker.
Otis Spunkmeyer Job Opportunities & Application Process
Otis Spunkmeyer receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Otis Spunkmeyer, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners with approval from Manager On Duty
- Promptly greets and welcomes guests upon arriving to the host/hostess stand with a smile, escorts them to tables, and provides menus, maintains a positive and upbeat demeanor at all times
- Answers phone in a courteous and professional manner
- Addresses guest complaints immediately with management
- Communicate activities with dining room servers, bus person, and management to ensure prompt and courteous service to guests
- Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations; includes restrooms
- Assists with table set-up
- Maintains work area clean and properly stocked (menus, kids menu, pencils, paper, crayons, etc.)
- Review and plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations (planning is everything when running an effective host stand)
- Keep the table counts for individual server so things come out fair at the end of your shift
- Communicates constantly and clearly with all server and kitchen of new patrons that have been seated to help with the flow of food production
- Properly say “Thank You” to all departing guests with a smile
- When not actively seating guests, is at the host stand at all times
- Makes sure the table is properly set up and continuously filled; ie: sugar caddies, table tents, salt & pepper shakers ,oil & vinegar caddies, and candles (evening only)
- Clear and re-stock the following items when closing: sugar caddies, salt & pepper shakers, candles, silverware (20 roll ups at the end of each shift), oil & vinegar caddies, and table tents. Put all stands away accordingly
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Act as a liaison between the kitchen and dining room.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Leadership – Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Displays passion and optimism.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
Adaptability – Manages competing demands.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or on a guest seating diagram form. Ability to deal with problems timely and professionally.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Point Of Sale system, or any other system used for seating and serving patrons. La Brea Bakery will provide proper training on any given system used.
Certificates and Licenses: Serv Safe Food Handler Certification required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work Facts of Otis Spunkmeyer
Otis Spunkmeyer Working Hours
- Sales Associate, Cashier, Bakery Technologist, Assistant Store Manager, General Store Manager, Independent Sales Representative, Route Sales and Service Support Representative, Sales Center Manager, Service Administrator, Technical Support Associate, Market Insights Manager, Director of Marketing, Cycle Counter, Plant Controller, Payroll Manager, Human Resources Representative, Production Manager, Packaging Operator, Cooling Tunnel Operator, Equipment Sanitor, Line Operator, Compliance Coordinator, Maintenance Technician, Oven Operator, Muffin Packer, Pre-Scaler, Quality Assurance Line Technician, Reserve Worker, Sanitor, Shipping and Receiving Associate, Tray Handler, Warehouse Manager
Otis Spunkmeyer Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Otis Spunkmeyer to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Otis Spunkmeyer Jobs: Official Site.