Omnicare Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Omnicare receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Omnicare can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Omnicare was an American company working in the health care industry, established in April 1981 as a spinoff of healthcare businesses from Chemed and W. R. Grace and Company. It is currently a pharmacy specializing in nursing homes. In 2015, Omnicare was acquired by CVS Health. In 2012, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) sued Omnicare to block its hostile takeover of its rival PharMerica under federal anti-trust law. The FTC alleged that the acquisition would boost drug costs and inflate Medicare expenditures by consolidating the industry and reducing price competition. PharMerica owned 97 long-term-care pharmacies, while Omnicare owned approximately 200. The merger would have given Omnicare a 57% marketshare versus two percent for its nearest, non-PharMerica rival. Because of the FTC opposition, the takeover was terminated.
Omnicare Job Opportunities & Application Process
Omnicare receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Omnicare, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Delivery Driver: As a Delivery Driver for Omnicare, you will work in an exciting and dynamic environment. You will collaborate with the pharmacy, patients, and nursing homes to ensure that all deliveries/pick-ups are made in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will act as a liaison between the facility staff and our pharmacy, delivering medications with a strong sense of urgency directly to that patient’s home. As part of the Omnicare delivery team, you will deliver top-notch customer service and positively impact the lives of others.
- Work with pharmacy staff so that all deliveries leave the pharmacy at the appropriate time and delivered to the designated location requested
- Transport and deliver medication and front store items to patients in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage or loss
- Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which may include checking and/or logging recipient identification
- Report status and any problems to pharmacy management
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- Maintain company cars by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting any mechanical issues immediately to management
- If not given a company car, provide your own reliable, legal (registered and insured as required by your state law) transportation. Will be reimbursed for mileage
Benefits Representative: This position is responsible for gathering and entering information related to the payer status of patients from the facility, or from the responsible party.
The work schedule is: Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Ensure that census paperwork is received from the Nursing facility.
- Ensure that the census is entered into the operating system accurately and is valid coverage.
- Review paperwork and verify completeness and of intake process focusing on payer verification and selection.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication between the local pharmacy and the Central Billing Center.
- Ensure the smooth dissemination of information relative to Revenue Management to the pharmacy/site and Omnicare customers.
- Work Medicaid Pending reports from i-Astral and the operating system to ensure timely application of Medicaid coverage. Improve account identification on Medicaid Application Pending (MAP).
- Participate in training session or conference calls to further
Customer Service Specialist: Answer all incoming phone calls from patients, customers, and responsible parties as part of a customer service queue. Assist and route calls appropriately. Work with residents, patients, facilities, and family members regarding charges, complaints, and collection activities. Make outbound calls as needed. Review patient billing statements for correctness and accuracy as a result of a customer inquiry via email, phone, fax, or written correspondence. Maintain accurate and complete records concerning patient billing activity/communication on all accounts. Work and partner with other internal and external departments to resolve issues. Participate in projects and/or meetings as designated by management. Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA. Demonstrates/models the company’s core values and customer service behaviors in interactions with all customers (internal and external). Complies with the pharmacy and departmental policies regarding safety, attendance and dress code. Overtime, holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected. Other duties as assigned.
Shift : M-F 9:30am-6:00pm
- 0-2 years pharmacy billing experience
- Basic knowledge of insurance procedures
- Effective multitasking
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as listening skills
- Intermediate computer and typing skills
- 0-2 years call center or phone based customer service experience
Pharmacy Claims Associate: Claims Associate will present you with such an opportunity, as you will will research prior authorization (PA) requirements, gather all PA information needed, and complete the PA procedure in a timely manner. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with Clinical Intervention Center (CIC) staff, pharmacy staff, nursing facility staff and physician offices to ensure timely payment of online submission of claims. You will also follow-up on all prior authorizations that have been sent to the insurer for review and communicate any necessary information to our customers. Additionally, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate distribution of phone calls and documents, as well as document storage throughout the CIC.
Shift: 12P – 8:30P, Monday – Friday; including every 5th weekend. Plus 1 Major holiday per year.
- Triage all incoming phone calls and faxes.
- Scan, file and electronically store all prior authorizations and other CIC related documentation.
- Work rejected real-time claims for all pharmacies supported by the CIC under the direction of the CIC pharmacists.
Work Facts of Omnicare
Omnicare Working Hours
- Varies by position and department.
Open Positions: Customer Service Specialist, Benefits Representative, Delivery Driver
Omnicare Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Omnicare to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Omnicare Jobs: Official Site.