Oldcastle Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Oldcastle receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Oldcastle can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Oldcastle is now CRH Americas, the North American arm of CRH, a global leader in the building materials industry. Our success has been founded on delivering high performance and growth through our people – our most important asset.
We provide a decentralized, entrepreneurial environment, where decisions at all levels drive performance. Take charge of your career and leverage the network of global resources and growth opportunities!
CRH employs 85,000 people at 3,600 locations in 32 countries worldwide, providing more opportunities to advance your career.
Our range of businesses and worldwide locations, along with our growth aspirations, enables us to provide great career opportunities for our people to develop and succeed.
Oldcastle Job Opportunities & Application Process
Oldcastle receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Oldcastle , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Payroll Tax Accountant
CRH’s Americas Materials Division is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America.. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
This position is for a Payroll Tax and Banking Accountant reporting to the Payroll Tax Manager in the Oldcastle Materials, Inc. Payroll Department.
- Initiate federal, state, and local tax payments for weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly pay frequencies for 57 legal entities (24,000+ employees).
- Prepare payroll tax returns for withholdings in all taxing states except Alaska, California and Hawaii and unemployment payments and tax returns for all states except Alaska, California and Hawaii.
- Validate employee tax setups to ensure they are accurate and the proper federal, state and local taxes are being deducted and remitted for all employees; in addition to validating unemployment calculations for all legal entities.
- Analyze reports from payroll system to ensure tax deposits and filing of federal, state and local tax returns are accurate.
- Review tax notices from federal, state and local jurisdiction and determine the necessary course of action required.
- Actively participate in the annual year end process; including W2 processing, filing of fourth quarter and annual returns simultaneously, while reconciling and verifying the accuracy of all returns and payments.
- Assist with responses to inquiries from management, taxing authorities and corporate accounting regarding tax withholding and unemployment payments and general ledger inquiries.
- Responsible for timely submission of ACH, positive pay banking files, entering off-cycles checks, processing voids and other banking functions as required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred
- 5+ years in a multi-corporation, multi-state payroll environment
- 5+ years of corporate accounting/finance
- Solid grasp of payroll principles, wage and hour law, and payroll taxes
- Knowledge of IN, KY, MI, OH and PA locals a strong plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Must be able to multi-task between daily banking functions and payroll tax duties daily.
- Must be able to able to work under time constraints and ensure deadlines are met
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- PC literate: Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, and mainframe payroll application experience
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills a must.
- Strong “customer service” focus
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Work Facts of Oldcastle
Oldcastle Working Hours
- Payroll Tax Accountant, Production Worker, Plant Electrician / Electrical Technician, Customer Service Representative, Millwright, Class A Driver
Oldcastle Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Oldcastle to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Oldcastle Jobs: Official Site.