Old Dominion University Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Old Dominion University receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Old Dominion University can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Old Dominion University is Virginia’s forward-focused research university with rigorous academics, an energetic residential community, entrepreneurial research and collaboration, and initiatives that contribute nearly $2.6 billion annually to Virginia’s economy. Located along the Elizabeth River in Norfolk, Virginia, the ODU campus boasts state-of-the-art academic facilities, 14 residence halls and amenities such as the Student Recreation Center.
Old Dominion University Job Opportunities & Application Process
Old Dominion University receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Old Dominion University, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Instructor of Early Care and Educatio: Instructor position in the Children’s Learning and Research Center, teaching children between the ages of 8 weeks and 5 years. Responsibilities include classroom teaching in a family centered program using project based learning and an emergent curriculum, supervision of assistant staff, collaboration with academic faculty, mentoring of pre-service teacher candidates, and participation in academic research.
- Master’s degree in early childhood education, early childhood special education or closely related field; an earned bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, early childhood special education or closely related field with significant experience may be substituted.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and relate with parents as well as work effectively as a team player.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising a classroom with attention to developmentally appropriate practices.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student assistants and practicum students. Experience working with children ages 8 weeks to 6 years.
Residence Hall Director: The Residence Hall Director (RHD) is responsible for the overall management of a residential complex ranging from 400 to 700 residential students. Working with a diverse student population, the Residence Hall Director promotes student success through engagement and academic support. Coordinates the administrative functions of a residence hall community, which include: facility management, maintenance, record keeping and student conduct. The Residence Hall Director participates in a duty rotation with other housing personnel to ensure 24 hour coverage of University Housing, including holidays and school closures that are planned & unplanned. The position is designated “essential personnel” for emergency closings.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, student personnel, counseling or related field OR a bachelor’s degree with work experience equivalent to a master’s degree in higher education administration, student personnel, counseling or related field.
- Some experience working within residence life and/or student leadership role.
- Some experience working within student life.
- Working knowledge of student learning theory and development outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative and computer skills, including email, word processing, spreadsheet and presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a diverse institutional setting and a commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion among others.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and work collaboratively.
Old Dominion University Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Old Dominion University to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of Old Dominion University
Old Dominion University Working Hours
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Open Positions: Residence Hall Director, CRM Manager for Enrollment Management, Instructor of Early Care and Education
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Old Dominion University Jobs: Official Site.