Old Dominion Freight Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Old Dominion Freight receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Old Dominion Freight can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
We have established a great culture at OD that is hard to find or replicate. From our humble beginning in 1934 until today, there is still a close bond between everyone here. Whether it’s on the road, on the docks, in the office, or at one of our cook outs or many celebrations, there’s an attitude of sharing, caring and smiling. It’s an attitude our customers and team members value and appreciate too… one that makes us more than just a freight carrier. It makes us a family. A family that helps the world keep promises.
Our values of being ethical, innovative, reliable, courteous, responsive, and professional began with the Congdon family working side by side with each team member. We continue to follow this family tradition by having an easily accessible management team and celebrating successes with one another. We enjoy commemorating the birth of a child, applauding anniversary awards, retirements, driver champions, or simply celebrating one another. OD is truly a great place to work.
Old Dominion Freight Job Opportunities & Application Process
Old Dominion Freight receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Old Dominion Freight, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Linehaul Driver to join our OD Family Culture. Our Drivers successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations over long distances. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at company and customer locations. Linehaul Drivers are critical members of our OD Family they help to accurately deliver our customer’s freight and help keep our promises.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol test.
- Operates BLU/DYMS and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems required.
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements and must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license with haz-mat, doubles, triples and tanker endorsements.
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school, acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion truck driver training program
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have the ability to properly operate hand held mini-computer when required.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and extended periods, of time.
- Must be available for around-the-clock trips to accommodate freight movements and must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department of Transportation.
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable)
- Be at least 22 years of age
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
- Part Time Employees are eligible for some benefits until Full Time employment is available
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Work Facts of Old Dominion Freight
Old Dominion Freight Working Hours
- Linehaul Driver, Customer Service Clerk, Driver Check-In Clerk, Linehaul Driver, Linehaul Driver Team, Linehaul Driver & Dockworker, Dockworker Part Time 3 pm – 8 pm, Dockworker
Old Dominion Freight Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Old Dominion Freight to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Old Dominion Freight Jobs: Official Site.