Northern Arizona University Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Northern Arizona University receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Northern Arizona University can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Why choose Flagstaff?
Flagstaff was recently ranked the 6th Least Stressful City in the United States by SmartAsset.com. Come see what Flagstaff is all about and search our job openings to see what NAU can offer to you.
Northern Arizona University is committed to bringing excellence to our campus through a variety of backgrounds, skills, experiences and perspectives. We respect and value diversity among our faculty, staff and students.
Northern Arizona University Job Opportunities & Application Process
Northern Arizona University receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Northern Arizona University , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
The Administrative Assistant will perform assignments requiring initiative, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and independent judgement. This position heavily applies skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as experience with Adobe Acrobat to daily activities. The successful incumbent will have experience with accounting/budgeting skills as may be found with experience in bookkeeping or as a payroll specialist. (NOTE: This job does not include payroll responsibilities.) The schedule of the incumbent is Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 4:30. Occasional weekends and evenings may be required. The schedule may change with notice depending upon the needs of the department.
- Serve as primary recipient of written and verbal questions from prospective students.
- Arrange for travel of faculty and students, including payment of expenses, reimbursements, as may be needed and internal transfer of funds.
- Post topics twice per week on social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Monitor inventory of equipment and supplies; purchasing replacement or new items as authorized.
- Process accounts payable.
- Reconcile financial records.
- Schedule class and meeting rooms and conferencing equipment.
- Provide direction to student workers.
- Manage the storage and retention of department documents.
- Arrange for facility repairs.
- Lead tours and support student recruitment activities.
- Assist with maintenance of website.
- Take minutes of meetings.
- Prepare reports.
- Four years of increasingly responsible office/administrative experience; OR,
- any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in positions requiring attention to detail and organization
- Experience with maintaining/monitoring of inventory
- Experience in communication with diverse populations
- Experience in preparation of flyers, brochures and other similar publications
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures
- Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures as may be demonstrated with experience as a bookkeeper or payroll specialist
- Familiar with social media outlets, e.g., Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications of Word (including mail merge and form development),
- Excel (including pivot tables and report design) and Outlook (including scheduling and file storage)
- Skill with Adobe Acrobat (converting documents and form development) and Adobe Photoshop Elements (basic updates)
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Northern Arizona University Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website at: http://www.nau.edu/police. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
This position’s pay grade is 33. The salary range for this paygrade can be found on the CLS Grade Schedule.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at http://nau.edu/human-resources/ Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU’s BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee’s start date. More information is available at: https://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/Eligibility-Enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Employee-Resources/Training/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years. In addition to the development classes offered in-person, every NAU employee receives a free subscription to Lynda.com. From this site you can access more than 1,400 training videos on a broad range of subjects, including business skills, photography, music and video, home computing, and web design and development.
Work Facts of Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University Working Hours
- Administrative Assistant, Director of Ticketing, Irrigation Repairer, Network Systems Engineer, Administrative Associate, Manager
Northern Arizona University Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Northern Arizona University to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Northern Arizona University Jobs: Official Site.