NORC at the University of Chicago Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, NORC at the University of Chicago receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at NORC at the University of Chicago can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
NORC at the University of Chicago Job Opportunities & Application Process
NORC at the University of Chicago receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in NORC at the University of Chicago , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Senior Data Analyst
NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support a diverse range of research projects. At NORC, Data Analysts work with our Data Scientists, and play a strategic role in supporting our research teams to produce valuable insights for our clients. They work collaboratively and help break down silos and barriers across the company to help drive innovative work. A person in this position, under the leadership of Data Scientists, contributes to the design and implementation of algorithms, models, and work flows to discover valuable information in large volumes of data from various sources; organizes, harmonizes, and analyzes data sets; uses various technologies to enable data visualization; and creates applications of general value to the company’s business.
DEPARTMENT: CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN SURVEY RESEARCH
The Center for Excellence in Survey Research (CESR) assists NORC in remaining a leader in methodological innovations in survey research.
CESR helps identify and share best practices—both internally and externally—across the continuum of research design and implementation at NORC. To accomplish its mission, the Center conducts timely, state-of-the-art statistical and methodological research on sample and survey design and estimation methods, as well as the analysis of data from surveys and information collection activities. The CESR staff partner with colleagues and work on projects housed in every research department at NORC to encourage including the most innovative and industry best practices in our methodologies. External clients benefit from CESR’s team members’ expertise across a range of topics by working directly with CESR or through a multidisciplinary collaboration with NORC’s research departments.
- Interpreting data from multiple sources;
- Developing programs and scripts for data transformation, integration, or reduction;
- Enhancing previously developed in-house applications such as those for data coding;
- And performing various types of analysis involving multiple data sets.
- The successful candidate should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: math, statistics, computer science, data science, or a social science or public policy related field.
- He/she should have a strong foundation in areas of statistics, mathematics, and computer programming.
- Preference will be given to those with additional expertise in areas of data mining such as topic modeling, natural language processing, and machine learning. Strong skills in problem solving and quantitative/qualitative analysis are required.
- The candidate should be able to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet project needs.
- At least two years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility, preferably working with large data sets and conducting statistical and quantitative modeling, melding analytics with programming, data mining, clustering and segmentation is required.
- Some familiarity with the social science domain is also preferred.
- The qualified candidate should have strong communication skills; able to quickly comprehend requirements and assignments and then explain his/her solutions in both writing and speech.
Work Facts of NORC at the University of Chicago
NORC at the University of Chicago Working Hours
- Senior Data Analyst, Research Scientist – AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, Survey Specialist, Field Interviewer – CPOP-HS – Southeast Region Rehires Only (except MD), Field Interviewer – CPOP-HS – Hampton
NORC at the University of Chicago Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest NORC at the University of Chicago to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply NORC at the University of Chicago Jobs: Official Site.