Nicor Gas Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Nicor Gas receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Nicor Gas can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
About Nicor Gas
As a trusted member of the business community, Nicor Gas has been delivering safe, reliable natural gas service to Illinois customers since 1954. Nicor Gas is proud to offer career opportunities to more than 2,000 talented and dedicated employees in a variety of technical, administrative and professional fields.
We value employees with fresh ideas, tenacity and the drive to advance. We encourage a strong work/life balance and are committed to investing time and resources to help our employees meet their career goals while promoting our corporate values of integrity, dignity, honesty and respect.
At Nicor Gas, we are committed to creating and encouraging a diverse and inclusive work environment. We recognize and support the value of differences in people and encourage all employees to reach their full potential. We believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment is essential to being an employer of choice and ensures us a competitive business advantage. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Learn more about diversity and inclusion.
Nicor Gas Job Opportunities & Application Process
Nicor Gas receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Nicor Gas, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Nuclear Ops Plant Instr, Lead
Lead Operations Instructors at Plant Hatch are responsible for oversight of accredited Operations Initial or Continuing Training programs or Regulatory Exam and Training material development. Specifically, this position will provide oversight for 4 to 8 instructors in the assigned area of responsibility. The area of responsibility assigned will depend on the successful candidates experience and the needs of the training department.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Interfacing with other plant and fleet organizations and training programs to provide for and obtain needed support for meeting departmental and plant objectives
- Providing leadership and support to the Operations training staff
- Management of the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process for the assigned programs
- Evaluation of operator and instructor performance
- Completing instructor qualification in all training and evaluation venues
- NRC license maintenance for the Plant licensed staff
- Frequent interface with the NRC staff and INPO
- Development of NRC required regulatory exams for the Licensed Operator (LO) training programs
- Development and maintenance of Operations training program materials
- Conducting Self Assessments and Benchmarking
- Program scheduling and resource planning
- Filling temporary assignments in the plant during outages
- Interfacing with the Emergency Planning (EP) Organization for collection of EP PI data development, Emergency Drills and other administrative issues.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- BS degree is preferred
- Current or previous SRO license or certification is strongly desired
- 5 years Operations and/or Training experience is desired
- Commercial Nuclear Operations training experience is desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Detailed knowledge of the following:
- NUREG 1021, NUREG 1123 (KA Catalog) and other examiner standards
- NRC Inspection procedures – IP 71111.1B
- Applicable INPO ACAD knowledge supporting accredited Operations Training programs
- Knowledge of plant procedures and regulations in assigned area
- Knowledge of Plant Systems and processes
- Working knowledge of computer software programs supporting assigned area
- Working knowledge of Learning Management System
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Maintains a “safety first” mindset
- Works closely with Operations Management to identify training opportunities and solutions while maintaining an independent questioning attitude to ensure regulatory requirements and standards are met
- Prioritizes work of self and others to ensure schedules are met
- Incorporates other employees into decision-making when necessary, acting in a lead role to ensure quality decisions are made
- Communicates both in writing and orally
- Hold self and others accountable for superior results
- Respects the dignity of every individual
- Assumes personal responsibility for individual and corporate success
- Demonstrates Southern Style
Work Facts of Nicor Gas
Nicor Gas Working Hours
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Customer Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Controls Engineer, Business Systems Specialist, Instructional Designer, Bilingual Account Representative ,HVAC Service Technician, HVAC Installer Helper, Training Administrator, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Tax Analyst, Accountant, Human Resources Manager
Nicor Gas Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Nicor Gas to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Nicor Gas Jobs: Official Site