National Geographic Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, National Geographic receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at National Geographic can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
What We Do
We invest in bold people and transformative ideas in the fields of exploration, scientific research, storytelling, and education.
We further global understanding and support educators to ensure that the next generation is armed with geographic knowledge and global awareness.
We create a community of change, advancing key insights about our planet and probing some of the most pressing scientific questions of our time.
Why We Do It
Human existence depends on a healthy, balanced, and sustainable planet, but our very existence puts pressure on the globe and all who live on it. Our planet is at a crossroads and there is both an opportunity and a critical need to act now, and to do so boldly. The Society’s role is to find the truth and shine a light on it. We advance global understanding and inspire solutions for the greater good.
National Geographic Job Opportunities & Application Process
National Geographic receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in National Geographic , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Senior Analyst, Digital Analytics
Job Description Summary
Looking to apply your passion for analytics to your passion for science and exploration? National Geographic Society seeks a seasoned Digital Analytics analyst to help create and optimize digital experiences in support of National Geographic’s goals. We strive to be an outcomes-driven organization, and seek to apply your mastery in data analytics and visualization to inform our data-driven culture of continual testing and improvement. Help us develop the best programs and experiences for our grantees, our educators, and students and help us attract and engage targeted, project-specific, audiences. Join us as we work towards building a global community that understands and values the natural world, respects its people and is empowered to generate and implement solutions for a healthier and sustainable future.
- Define and operationalize strategies to measure touchpoints along various constituent-specific journey maps and their related digital products. (20%)
- Monitor and analyze various data streams. (25%)
- Translate data and recommend actions through appropriate forms of communication (stand-ups, memos, dashboards, decks, infographics) to inform iterations to continually improve products and experiences for our constituents. (25%)
- Be an active part of agile software development practices for digital product ideation, creation, and implementation to ensure that intended outcomes will be measurable . (20%)
- Coordinate with and advise internal teams to monitor activities as they relate to overall constituent-related goals (5%)
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices. (5%)
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Econometrics or related field highly preferred. Graduate degree a plus.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
A minimum of 5+ years of direct experience analyzing web analytics in the implementation and measurement of digital products. Experience with philanthropic, outcomes-driven, organizations strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Expertise in Google Analytics is a must have. Extra bonus points for strong proficiency in Google Tag Manager.
- Jedi ability to extract, join, manipulate, and learn from data, including ability to query databases (e.g., SQL) and strong proficiency in analytics / reporting tools (e.g.,Tableau). Bonus points for ETL experience.
- Proven ability to communicate complex analytic concepts or findings to various audiences with appropriate level of detail. Advanced proficiency in effective data visualization required.
- Creativity in and understanding of research design to guide iterations toward optimal user experience (e.g., A/B Testing). Sufficient proficiency in related testing tools expected.
- SEO experience a plus
- Sufficient experience with social media analytics to drive insights and recommendations expected
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Ability to adapt to continuous change and short deadlines
- Strong desire to continuously learn and grow
Work Facts of National Geographic
National Geographic Working Hours
- Senior Analyst, Coordinator-Global Events & Sponsorships, Manager-Changing Planet Programs, HR Business Partner, Grants/Labs Coordinator, Production Manager (Pristine Seas and Okavango)
National Geographic Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest National Geographic to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply National Geographic Jobs: Official Site.