Mississippi State University Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Mississippi State University receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Mississippi State University can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The Mississippi State University Work Life Balance Committee aims to act as liaisons and advocates for faculty, staff and administration looking to balance work and life issues by offering support, information, resources and affecting new policies. Several particular topics fall under the scope of this committee, which include but are not limited to dependents, mental and physical health, and workplace policies and procedures.
Mississippi State University Job Opportunities & Application Process
Mississippi State University receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Mississippi State University , can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Call Center Rep
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ITS front-line support to resolve clients’ information technology problems and issues:
- Monitor appropriate electronic queues for ticket assignment
- Communicate with clients regarding problems and/or issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve first level problems.
- Provide coordination with secondary support if necessary and close tickets when problems are resolved to clients’ satisfaction.
- Report or escalate any problem or issue to the proper ITS personnel.
- Provide information technology support over the phone to the MSU client community:
- Respond to IT calls routed through the ACD phone system.
- Provide polite, courteous and professional phone support to MSU clients.
- Route or transfer calls when necessary to the appropriate ITS personnel to better assist the client.
- Document phone calls and contacts with clients in a Help Desk ticket.
- Provide assistance to callers by identifying and directing calls to appropriate faculty or staff:
- Answer directory assistance calls on our ACD phone system and determine caller requirements for telephone numbers.
- Process call transfers when requested.
- Report any problems/issues to proper ITS personnel with call trends indicating system problems/issues.
- Provide operational assistance on various University information technology systems:
- Answer basic questions regarding the use and configuration of systems.
- Manage various IT related accounts.
- Assist with locating a variety of IT related service forms.
- Be a source of general IT information.
- Become familiar in the use of incident management systems:
- Service Desk Express problem management ticketing system.
- T-Metrics automated call distribution (ACD) phone system.
- Remains current on information technology issues as they relate to our MSU academic environment:
- Stay abreast of changing technology and resources within the ITS organization.
- Stay current on University and IT policies and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned:
High school diploma is required for this position.
Minimum 1 year customer support experience.
Information Technology work related experience is preferred. Also, experience with an academic environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to concentrate/focus for periods of time.
Above average keyboarding skills.
Ability to learn new technologies and communicate the technology to clients.
General working knowledge of a PC and software applications that run on a PC such as Microsoft Office suite.
Work well in a team environment.
Excellent people skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
This position requires extended time of work on a computer with fast keyboarding to respond on a timely fashion to client’s calls and requests throughout the work day.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter, resume, and the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Work Facts of Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University Working Hours
- Office Associate, Sergeant, Exhibit Coordinator, Project Manager, Administrative Assistant, Systems Programmer, Call Center Rep
Mississippi State University Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Mississippi State University to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Mississippi State University Jobs: Official Site.