Microtel Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Microtel receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Microtel can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The Microtel Inns & Suites brand is a chain of franchise hotels with locations in Argentina, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines, and the United States.
The first location opened in 1989 in suburban Rochester, NY. There are now over three hundred franchises around the world.
In 2006, Microtel was sued by the family of Jennifer Herring, a thirty-year-old front desk clerk murdered while on duty at a Microtel in Scott, Louisiana.
On July 21, 2008, Wyndham Hotel Group purchased US Franchise Systems, Inc., owner of the Microtel Inns & Suites and Hawthorn Suites brands, from Global Hyatt. US Franchise Systems had previously sold the America’s Best Inn (formerly Best Inns) chain to the Country Hearth Inns chain in 2005. That holding company is now known as America’s Best Franchising Inc.
As of 2012, Microtel’s logo has changed to match the logo style of Wingate, and Hawthorn Suites, both owned by Wyndham Hotel Group. (Resource; wikipedia.org)
Microtel Job Opportunities & Application Process
Microtel receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Microtel, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Specialist, International Account Reconciliation
The position has full autonomy to process and reconciliation individual accounts. Withholding tax write-offs processed by the Specialist are prepared independent of direction, but require Director approval. To be effective in the role the specialist must maintain an efficient workflow and be able to work independently, but also coordinate with other team members.
The position is critical to timely processing of payments and write-offs, ensuring accounts reflect accurate amounts due, in turn impacting the collectability by the Financial Services Representative. Failure to accurately and efficiently perform the job responsibilities will have a negative impact on cash collections, outstanding withholding tax & VAT, unapplied cash, and levels of customer service as issues with accounts will rise. Incorrectly processing tax adjustments has potential tax implications
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Motivated, detail oriented person who is able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Must be persistent with excellent follow up skills
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills
- Must be results driven and oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Must work well with others and be able to contribute to a team
- Proficient with computers is required
- Understand impact of market conditions and hotel industry challenges
- Some college
- 5+ Years professional experience in a finance/analytical related role
- Highly proficient in Excel, especially Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP
- College degree a plus
- Hotel experience a plus
Work Facts of Microtel
Microtel Working Hours
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Front Desk Agent, Night Auditor, Sales Consultant, Maintenance Technician, Public Area Attendant, Concierge, Housekeeper, Cook, Bartender, Guest Services Agent, Activities Associate, Tour Reception Clerk/Data Entry, Administrative Assistant, Marketing Representative, Bellperson, Housekeeping Room Attendant, Gift Shop Attendant, Casual Food and Beverage Attendant, Service Desk Technician, Discover Sales Representative, Maintenance Officer, Cocktail Server, Spa Attendant, Bartender, AM Hostperson, PM Hostperson, Aesthetician, Grounds Technician, Common Area Attendant
Microtel Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Microtel to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Microtel Jobs: visit Official Site