Michigan Medicine Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Michigan Medicine receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Michigan Medicine can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Ready to be part of the Michigan difference?
The University of Michigan Health System is among the nation’s most well-funded and well-respected academic medical centers. And it is true that UMHS is home to some of the best doctors, nurse and medical professionals in the country.
But there are also many jobs in the healthcare industry that do not require any clinical experience – and just as many ways for YOU to be part of The Michigan Difference. Non-clinical opportunities at UMHS include:
- Medical/Scientific Research
- Professional Management
- Environmental Safety & Security
- Human Resources
- Instructional Services
- The Arts
- Communications & Marketing
- Facilities Operations
- Healthcare Administration & Support
- Information Technology
- Legal & Government Relations
- Food Service
- Support Services
Michigan Medicine Job Opportunities & Application Process
Michigan Medicine receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Michigan Medicine, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Medical Assistant/Medical Assistant Associate
Taubman Center Urology Ambulatory Care Unit
We are a University of Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Care Unit that is dedicated to providing the highest quality urologic health care services for both male and female adult patients. Our clinic is located in the Taubman Center Building on the main campus of University Hospital in a vibrant atmosphere that provides intellectual stimulation and growth! We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine Urology?
The University of Michigan Department of Urology is ranked #1 in the state of Michigan and #7 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. You will play an integral role within Urology and our institution by assisting in providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
What skills will you master?
Our Urology Medical Assistants will specialize in areas that no other Department offers, and we are excited to help you grow your skills. Not only will you set up and assist with urologic procedures such as Cystoscopies, Cystometrograms, Prostate Biopsies, Penile Dopplers and Urodynamics, you will also perform, Uroflow, Bladder Scanning, and Urinalysis. You will provide clinic assistance by taking vital signs, drawing blood, preparing specimens and assisting patients, disinfecting urologic equipment, maintaining Urology Lab, order point of care testing in MiChart, our Michigan Medicine electronic medical record, and instruct patients on procedures per provider’s written protocols.
In addition to these specialized skills and other abilities you already possess as a Medical Assistant, you will perform:
- Patient intake and rooming duties in the clinic
- Document health information in the Electronic Medical Record system
- Assist patients with FMLA, Disability and Return to Work paperwork
- Coordinate patient flow throughout the clinic
- Maintain, order, and assemble equipment, order clinic equipment and supplies – including medications
- Maintain stock levels in treatment rooms and exam rooms
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
As part of the orientation training process, your training will be held at multiple locations during your first few weeks of employment.
- We do require that you have a High school diploma or GED
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team setting is needed for success in this role
- You must be able to demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- A knowledge of basic medical terminology is necessary
- Certification as an MA
- Additional formal education in a health care field
Work Facts of Michigan Medicine
Michigan Medicine Working Hours
Michigan Medicine Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Michigan Medicine to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Michigan Medicine Jobs: Official Site.