Metropolitan Transit Authority Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Metropolitan Transit Authority receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Metropolitan Transit Authority can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is a public benefit corporation responsible for public transportation in the U.S. state of New York, serving 12 counties in Downstate New York, along with two counties in southwestern Connecticut under contract to the Connecticut Department of Transportation, carrying over 11 million passengers on an average weekday systemwide, and over 850,000 vehicles on its seven toll bridges and two tunnels per weekday. MTA is the largest public transit authority in the United States.
Metropolitan Transit Authority Job Opportunities & Application Process
Metropolitan Transit Authority receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Metropolitan Transit Authority, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Transit Planner I: Responsible for performing technical transit planning work focusing on both short and long-range planning. Assist with federal government transit programs, grants administration and working with project managers to ensure appropriate compliance. The Planner will provide support to project managers, conduct research, compile information, and coordinate with other METRO departments and area agencies to implement METRO’s plans and programs. Assists with all financial obligations of the division including contract management, budget development and forecast. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Part Time Transit Bus Repair A Retiree: The Transit Bus Repair “A” must have a thorough knowledge of components on METRO’s revenue vehicles and their proper function as required for job classification. Additionally, the Transit Bus Repair “A” must show a proficient knowledge and use of test equipment and specialized tools related to classification requirements. The Transit Bus Repair “A” must independently diagnose and repair all defects to completion in a timely manner under the supervision of a Mechanical Foreman. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Vault Attendant: Responsible for the daily retrieval and safeguard of all fare revenue collections from Bus Operating Facilities (BOFs) collected from previous day. Sorts, counts, and bags currencies and coins; prepares the daily deposit to be delivered to the custodian bank by the armored transport service. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Drives METRO’s armored trucks to vaulting stations to retrieve mobile safes and Banknote on Board Reloader (BBR) cash boxes.
- Removes mobile safes and BBR cash boxes and replaces them with empty ones.
- Transfers all collected mobile safes and BBR cash boxes to Kashmere vaulting facility.
- Processes (sorts and counts) separating revenues from BBRs, Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs), and parking meters by using automated and currency counting machines.
- Verifies computerized coin sorter count by recounting the first sacked coins on manual counter.
Executive Assistant: Serves as the primary support to the Executive Vice President & Chief Communications Officer. Provides advanced, diversified and confidential administrative support, duties and responsibilities
for various divisions of the Communications department. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Manages and prepares routine correspondence, memos, letters, and reports. Prepares presentations and initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence, memoranda, departmental forms, etc.
- Organizes and updates compliance document filing system; and maintains office filings/records system according to METRO’s file retention program.
- Assists and participates in the development, revision, proofing and editing of documents.
- Coordinates the planning of activities and manages calendars, and plans/schedules meetings.
- Coordinates follow-through and tracking of multiple projects and provides periodic status reports.
- Coordinates and provides staff support for weekly, monthly and special meetings to track day to day operations, overall agency performance measures and special projects.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, assists visitors, and resolves routine and complex inquiries.
Metropolitan Transit Authority Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Metropolitan Transit Authority to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of Metropolitan Transit Authority
Metropolitan Transit Authority Working Hours
- Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Open Positions: Executive Assistant, Transit Planner, Bus Repair
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Metropolitan Transit Authority Jobs: Official Site.