Marathon Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Marathon receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Marathon can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Challenging work can be very rewarding. Our competitive Real Life REWARDS benefits program is meant to enhance and preserve your work/life balance and help you plan and prepare for tomorrow.
- Compensation – We offer a competitive package to recognize your contributions to our current and future success.
- Health coverage – We offer medical, dental, vision and other benefits to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family.
- Flexibility – We allow for flexible work arrangements to provide a better work-life balance. Additionally, some positions can be considered for flexible work schedules.
- Time away – To help you recharge, we offer a minimum of three weeks paid time off.
- Retirement Plan – Enjoy the rewards of a successful career with the Marathon Oil Company Retirement Plan which offers an annual contribution of 7-11 percent in the pension plan.
- Thrift Plan – As an additional way to save for financial security in retirement, our 401(k) savings plan offers a 7 percent Company matching contribution.
- Additional Benefits – Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Wellness Program, Adoption Assistance and Education Reimbursement.
Similar programs are offered for our international workforce and may vary by country.
Marathon began as The Ohio Oil Company in 1887. In 1889, it was purchased by John D. Rockefeller’s Standard Oil trust. It remained a part of Standard Oil until the trust was broken in 1911. In 1930, The Ohio bought the Transcontinental Oil Company, giving it the “Marathon” brand name. In 1962, the company changed its name to “Marathon Oil Company” after its main brand name. Mobil wanted to buy the company in 1981. The residents of Findlay, Ohio, the corporation’s home town, worried that the Findlay jobs would be lost so Marathon looked for a white knight. They found one in 1982 when United States Steel bought the company. The headquarters moved to Houston in 1990 but the company maintained downstream operations in Findlay (which are now Marathon Petroleum).
Marathon Job Opportunities & Application Process
Marathon receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Marathon, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Adv Reservoir Engineer Job
Marathon Oil, an energy industry leader with a focus on unconventional resource development, is engaged in worldwide hydrocarbon exploration and production. Marathon is currently seeking an Advanced Reservoir Engineer to support our Oklahoma Resource Basin operations. This is a high-impact position within a highly collaborative team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: budget preparation/business planning, reserves management, business development opportunity assessment, well design/execution, production forecasting, type curve maintenance, and well performance analysis.
Integrate engineering analyses with geologic interpretations to create optimized plans of development. Function as a project manager guiding horizontal well design/execution/lookback and economic evaluations.
Work collaboratively with drilling, completions, production & facilities to influence and guide the complete life cycle of wells.
Possess suitable experience and/or knowledge of reserve determination techniques and is familiar with reserve and resource definition practices and the recent updates in associated US law. Develop reserve booking strategy.
Possess familiarity with stochastic analysis techniques and tools and understanding of how to utilize stochastic approaches for type curve generation and production forecasting.
Monitor well production against expectations and coordinate well performance analysis.
Serve as a coach and mentor to less experienced professionals. Seek opportunities to network internally and externally to build relationships that foster information exchange.
Evaluate business development opportunities as they arise. Create development models that allow full economic evaluation and guide bid strategy.
Design well spacing tests in areas with multiple stratigraphic targets
Recommend and execute an impactful data acquisition plan
Prepare and deliver technical presentations for management reviews, peer reviews, and technical committee meetings.
BS in Petroleum Engineering
10+ years reservoir engineering experience
Solid technical background (decline curve analysis, volumetrics, pressure/rate transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.) and developed understanding of geology
Reservoir modeling/simulation knowledge beneficial
Knowledge of oil and gas economics software (ARIES preferred)
Additional software experience/expertise with ArcGIS, OFM, IHS Harmony, Topaze, and Spotfire
Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
Familiarity with the Anadarko basin and past interaction with the Oklahoma Corporation Commission
Work Facts of Marathon
Marathon Working Hours
- Gas Station Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Assistant Manager, Gas Station Manager, Accounting Processor, Administrative Assistant, Geophysicist, Human Resources Consultant, Land Professional , Refining Inspector, Reservoir Engineer, Payroll Analyst, Auditor, Benefits Analyst, Clinician, Field Operator, Facilities Engineer, Field Operator, Geologist, Inland Fleeting Inspector, Lease Associate, Measurement Reader, Paralegal, Process Control Engineer, Production Technician, Tax Analyst
Marathon Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Marathon to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Marathon Jobs: Official Site.